2. I finally finished the ugly Malabrigo socks.
I don't know why I bought the yarn last spring. Seemed like a good idea at the time. The photo doesn't do them justice -- the blue is more of a royal purple, and the lighter shade is a bright greenish-turquoise. I'm totally an earthtones girl, so these are not at all my colors. I think my big problem with them is the self-striping effect. I wouldn't mind so much if the color stretches were much shorter, like in the heels. After making the first sock, I realized that I would never wear them out of the house, so I decided to make the second one in a different pattern just to mix things up. Except the braiding in the second one (on the right) was a hassle, so halfway through the foot I gave up and went with straight stockinette. They're great wear-around-the-house socks, even if the Malabrigo seems a lot thinner than other sock yarns. My friends say they love the colors, but I insist that they are ugly. Guess it's a matter of personal taste!
3. I love buckets of maple syrup on waffles, which isn't exactly good for my attempts to cut back on my sugar intake. I've discovered that I use a lot less syrup if I pour a small amount in a tiny ramekin and use it for dipping.
4. Any suggestions for shampoos to use on an extremely itchy scalp? (I remember asking about this a while ago, but I can't find the post.) I'm scratching constantly, especially the part right above my neck. When it's not itching, my scalp isn't sensitive to the touch and doesn't appear to be reddened or infected. My next dermatologist appointment isn't until the end of the month, and Head & Shoulders isn't currently doing the trick. I just bought some Neutrogena T/Gel, but I'd love some other tips!
5. Looks like the barrage of Lost hype has begun. Ugh. Every year, all my RSS feeds are slammed with posts about it. I like the show, but the media overkill is already driving me crazy -- and the season premiere isn't even until Wednesday. Ugh.
6. Another annoyance: Eric Clapton (and T-Mobile), I really don't give a damn whether you get off on '57 Chevys. My tivo-finger is never fast enough to skip that commercial.
7. Jon Hamm on SNL! "Jon Hamm's John Ham" still makes me crack up like one of my sixth graders.