2. DVD watching: I saw and *loved* Persepolis last night. Today I'm marathoning Burn Notice, via Netflix.
3. Oh, goodie. I haven't watched any of those awful Bravo or MTV reality shows, but I might have to tune in for the new one, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, though thank god none of them live in my zip code.
4. Vulture asks "Is Shaq's 'Tell Me How My Ass Taste' the song of the summer?" I had to include it just for that title.
5. Fascinating story in Slate about a writer who spends two weeks working in a day care.
6. Michel Gondry picks 25 classic music videos. I agree with many of his choices, though I also *love* his own. Bjork's "Bachelorette" is one of my all-time faves.
7. Saturn Award winners have been announced. I'll refrain from the Hewitt snarking and ask how do some of those even qualify as "science fiction"?
8. The Atlanta H&M opened while I was out of town, and I went down there Tuesday and bought two great purses. I was thrilled to find some with long shoulder straps, because I really dislike those short handles that are popular now. I prefer to sling my purses like messenger bags.
9. I finally figured out how to structure a post-"Revelations" K/L fic. Now I just have to write it. ;)
10. I finished knitting two new socks.
The pattern is Spring Forward from the new Knitty. They remind me of the wildly popular Monkeys, though I prefer the stitch definition on these. Since I'm a fan of brown, the yarn is "Chocolatier" by Hazel Knits, which I bought in Seattle with dionusia and other friends. My closet contains a lot of neutrals, and nearly all my shoes are black or brown. While they're not the fanciest or prettiest, these are socks that I'll actually WEAR.
The Vancouver Socks
Thus named because I worked on them while on vacation. :) The pattern is "9-to-5 Socks", and I used Dream in Color's Smooshy that marenfic sent me a while back (thanks again, dearie!). I wanted some solid socks without lacy holes. This pattern's great because the simple spiral-stitch gives some interesting detail to what is essentially a 4x2 ribbed sock. Plus, the 72st ribbing expands beautifully on my huge feet.