Three LJ friends who deserve a huge thank-you:
- daera23 -- I got the books! The Marie Antoinette one is great, of course, and I'm thrilled by the books you sent my students! Yay!
- syliasyliasylia -- Ooh, more Spanish-language teen magazines for my students! The notebooks are also cool; I'll have to take one with me to Starbucks for fic-writing this afternoon. I love getting parcels from Madrid. :)
- The anonymous person who bought me an extra six months of userpics -- thank you, Anon Friend!
Five strange phobias and/or things that kinda squick me:
- Falling down stairs
- Losing friends or feeling excluded from a group :(
- Cream cheese in any way, shape, or form
- The texture of unfinished wood
- My hands being wet
Eleven Firefox tabs I have open right now:
- My Yahoo
- LJ friends list
- LJ recent comments page -- these three are my "home" tabs
- The BSG forum on TWOP
- Maureen Ryan's TV blog
- Berroco free knitting pattern: Pie -- for a sweater I'm making my future nephew :)
- Wikipedia's page on boxing -- for a fic that indigo419 and I are writing.
- EW's TV Watch on last night's Gilmore Girls -- more pleasant than actually watching the show these days.
- BSG fic: Chronicled -- leda13's new Kara gen fic, which everyone should read!
- Gold Derby's Oscars blog -- interesting spec on whether the Academy's subtle racism will impact Dreamgirls' chances at the awards.
- Are green magazine covers really "death on newsstands"? -- strangely fascinating stuff.
Five foods for which I have an irrational dislike, and one I crave:
- cream cheese -- YUCK! It is an abomination.
- sour cream -- the sour, not the cream.
- jalapeno peppers -- because I am a wuss.
- squash -- onomatopoeic food.
- un-processed tomatoes -- I love 'em when they're sauced, but regular tomatoes squick me out.
- And I miss bananas SO MUCH, but I'm allergic to them. Alas.
ETA: My sister -- who reads my LJ -- just called to tell me I forgot to add peas and guacamole to the above list. All righty. Consider it added, Marken!
Seven places I've never visited but want to see someday:
- Australia and New Zealand -- the cities, not the wildlife.
- The South Pacific
- Hong Kong
- Mexico City
- Germany -- a week in Berlin to see the places I missed the first time.
- A supermarket in a strange city -- I'm fascinated by foreign grocery stores.
Eight types of body wash currently in my shower -- I loooove variety:
- ULTA -- Taffy Apple and Fresh Gingerbread
- Bath and Body Works -- Cinnamon Bun Heaven and Pumpkin Pie Paradise (see a theme?)
- Philosophy -- EmpowerMint (an old gift from the_royal_anna :)
- Booth -- Breathe Easy
- Jason -- Lavender Satin Shower
- Body Shop -- Neroli Jasmin shower gel
Four popular TV shows I can't seem to get into, despite my best efforts:
- Supernatural -- So much to like, but I just don't care.
- Grey's Anatomy -- People claim it's one of the best shows on TV, but all I see is a good-but-not-great Melrose Hospital.
- Farscape -- Despite my BSG love, I've never liked sci-fi. I tried watching twenty-odd eps, but I couldn't get into it, despite the obvious excellence.
- Torchwood -- I *want* to love it. I adore the heck out of Jack. But something's missing, and I find myself cringing too much when I watch.
Five BSG vids I wish someone would make -- and hey, if anyone wants to vid these, please do!
- "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz -- I know I've said it before, but this song is just SO fucking perfect for Six/Baltar. I can see every single scene in my head, and if I were a vidder, I would've done this one months ago.
- "Ciao" by Lush -- hilarious Kara/Lee breakup snark.
- "Out of Time" by Blur -- a gorgeous, atmospheric S1 vid with a wistful cast wondering "what if?"
- "Mobilize" by Grant-Lee Phillips -- the military, the moral complications, and why they fight.
- "Ready Steady Go" by Paul Oakenfold -- four minutes of violence and smirking and everyone kicking ass.
Seven BSG fics I will write one of these days:
- Kacey is actually Kara and Leoben's child. Everyone freaks out when she brings this half-Cylon kid back to Galactica.
- A pre-series AU in which Kara never met Zak (assuming I could bring something new to that genre, given all the other great fics that have already been written.)
- Racetrack/Tyrol, the bizarre-but-fun pairing I came up with way back in "Imperative". The randomness is what makes it fun!
- Lee/Dualla in which she's sympathetic and awesome, and they genuinely love each other.
- Laura as a schoolteacher on New Caprica. Hey, we teachers have to stick together.
- Femslash! This is such a femslashy show, but I can never come up with any ideas.
- A shameless, epic-length PWP with tons of Pilot!Sex. Because, well, yeah.