Eighth graders are such drama queens. Today I had a doctor's appointment during my planning period, which conveniently falls from 11:30-12:50. I stopped by Panera and picked up a delicious bowl of chicken soup and a turkey sandwich with onions and chipotle mayo, and I brought it back to school to eat for lunch. I did not realize how ... pungent ... the sandwich was. The students' reactions were amusing -- they walked in and claimed they smelled pizza, burgers, and even a corny dog. I'm not sure how those smells relate to a turkey sandwich, but hey. And then came THE DRAMA. S. walked into the room and shouted (yes, shouted) that she could smell onions. "I'm allergic to onions! I ain't gonna go in there!" She proceeded to stomp out into the hallway and refuse to enter. I stayed somewhat calm and told her she was welcome to stay out there as long as she liked, and that I wasn't trying to make her eat the things. Not that I was too upset -- S. is a "difficult" one, to say the least. But of course the damage was done, with many other students acting like a stupid sandwich was the worst thing ever, and they were distracted and loud until we left for the lunchroom fifteen minutes later.
Sheesh! Okay, yeah, I wouldn't have brought it if I'd known how much it smelled (my olfactory sense isn't very good), but still! It was just a SANDWICH. *sigh*
And now some non-sandwich-related links:
- trelkez linked to this cool Google Maps app, in which you plot your location and find out where you'd arrive if you dug a hole straight through the Earth. I'd end up about a thousand miles off the western Australia coast. Huh.
- sockkpuppett linked to deathtobears: the darker side of The Colbert Report.
- Does James Bond have a license to kill?: The rules and regulations of British intelligence, explained. Hee!
- Hiro on Scrubs?: Ooh, I would love to see Franklyn bend time and space. Bonus points if it involves Turk and the Rerun dance.
- The other day I linked to Time's top 100 albums. Now we have The Most Disastrous Albums of All Time.
- The Top 10 Moments in Sweeps Lesbianism: Quite an interesting read. Now, how about making a better effort at NON-sweeps representation? Thanks!
- I still have issues with Heroes, but I really liked this interview with Tim Sale, the man who created Isaac's paintings.
- The animated short Kiwi is making the rounds. Aww, I need a kleenex.
- drewcypher has posted three more promo pics from "Unfinished Business"! As someone on TWOP so appropriately said, "Bring on the angsty flashback-laden emotionally fucked up boxing!" WHEE! I especially love the makeup artists' creativity: Katee's cross tattoo is now a Lego pyramid. Also, I must say it again: I'm all about the guys 99% of the time, but I'd so totally frak Kara. Excuse me, I think I need to lie down now.
BTW, he has also posted promo pics from "The Passage" and "Eye of Jupiter". Sam! YAY!
Okay, okay. Must stop squeeing. Thanks again, Drew!
Which brings me to this week's promo pics poll!