Hi! Call me Alanna. I've been 29 for the past three years, and I plan to stay that age until Social Security kicks in. I live in my beloved Atlanta, and I teach 8th grade Reading in an at-risk school (though I don't talk about work stuff as much anymore, thanks to privacy concerns.) I'm a hardcore knitter, albeit with varying degrees of success. I practice a vague approximation of yoga, but I'm not very good at it. I also watch tons of TV. Obviously, my obsessive fandom right now is BSG, but I also love Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, House, The Office, Scrubs, The Amazing Race, and several of the new shows.
As for LJ... my streak of posting every damn day goes back over two years; I can't bear to break it, which is why I'll sometimes post goofy stuff just before midnight. ;) I talk about TV - especially BSG - a lot, but I try to mix things up. I also enjoy doing the frequent linkspams, since I like sharing some of the things I find online. I obsessively read every comment I receive, but I get strangely shy about replying (I also don't comment on others' posts nearly enough, but I do read them!). I stopped re-friending a few years ago because keeping up with my flist took so much time, but you're very welcome to friend me if you'd like. No need to ask!
Every six months or so, I do a Delurking Day -- it's a silly way for me to get to know folks on LJ. If you're so inclined, please answer my little questionnaire! (I'll try to reply, but even if I don't, I *love* reading the responses. ;)
1. Hi! What's your name?
2. How did you find my LJ? :)
3. If we met in person, what's the first thing I'd notice about you?
4. What are you craving right this minute?
5. If money and logistics weren't an issue, what would your Halloween costume be?
6. What's one thing that has made you happy in the past 24 hours?
7. What's one thing that has annoyed you in the past 24 hours?
8. What's your favorite TV show currently in production?
9. What non-canon character pairing do you secretly love?
10. Time for warm fuzzies! Pay a compliment to one or more of the following people:
-- someone else on LJ
-- someone you know in Real Life
-- someone famous