Day 6 - Write 30 random facts about yourself.
1. I have a very difficult time maintaining consistency.
2. I love the technology that has allowed frozen food companies to replicate the taste and texture of deep-fried foods in frozen, bake-able foods like onion rings and General Tso's Chicken.
3. I read Confessions of a Pioneer Woman regularly and absolutely adore Ree Drummond's narrative and photography style(s). I read her blogs so much that I sometimes hear her "voice" narrating things that happen in my life. Or, sometimes she talks to me. Is that weird?
4. I inherited my bone structure, my assertiveness, and my bi-monthly migraines from my mother.
5. Also, we (my mother and I) have a very similar haircut (short and spiky) and our voices sound very much the same.
6. From my dad I inherited my stubbornness, my bluntness, and my blue eyes.
7. I think the best movies were made in black and white, and that many of them were made outside of the United States.
8. I'm a non-political philosophical/theoretical Marxist (with the clause that any successful implementation of Marxist theory must take place within a theocracy).
9. I like to use big words and technical jargon.
10. I have a special adoration for the beauty of words; even when writing, I consider it of great importance that the words I'm stringing together have a good sound and rhythm to them.
11. Ever since I was a toddler, I've found it very difficult to not move my body to the rhythm of a song.
12. I have only been really physically attracted to my husband since we have been married. When we were engaged, I was attracted to other men, but after we said our vows, Mike is the only one who makes my blood pressure rise. And I didn't set out to do that; it just happened to me.
13. I believe in God, the Father, the Almighty Maker of Heaven and the Maker of Earth, and Jesus Christ, His Only Begotten Son, our Lord.
14. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic (that means complete / whole, not just one denomination) church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.
15. I love reading the words of texts like The Apostles' Creed and agreeing emphatically with their words. I like that connection to the people who came before me.
16. My main educational goal is to read Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment in its original language (Russian), and to write some sort of dissertation on it.
17. I dropped out of school one semester before I graduated with my Bachelor's degree so that I could adjust to being married and get my priorities of God and my marriage to the forefront of my life.
18. I don't regret #17 at all.
19. I dislike being in a room that does not have adequate lighting unless I am sleeping in it (this includes movie theaters / home theaters).
20. I have never wanted to be drunk. I probably never will be drunk. I'm okay with that.
21. Knowing my own selfish and wretched tendencies, I try never to judge anyone that I know. Instead I put a lot of effort into loving people and making them feel good about the good things about themselves (i.e. if I hang with a murderer, I'll try to bring up his vast agricultural knowledge or his good relationship with his mom).
22. I have a very difficult time lying; whenever I say anything that is good, it has got to be the truth. I just try to speak good things as often as I notice them.
23. I really do not like the majority of the music / books / movies that my husband does.
24. My husband really does not enjoy the majority of the music / books / movies that I do.
25. I'm sure that the rest of my life will be spent trying to live with #23 and #24 and asking God why on earth He put us together.
26. I like beer. Moreover, I like being known as someone who loves Jesus and likes beer.
27. The thing I miss most about college is the discussion of theoretical and philosophical texts. I still read things with the same critical mindset, but I have no one to talk to!
28. I like the person I am today a whole lot more than the person I was a year ago.
29. I love Landon Vitarelli like a little brother; we have a special bond that I will always treasure. He's pictured above. I also have a special love and bond with Gabriel, his older brother who is so much like I was as a child (!!), and Angelina, his older sister who is so creative and lovely and fun to be with, and Sofia, his younger sister who gurgles and has the biggest blue eyes and is adorable.
30. My husband and I are moving to California in March, if God wills. We're selling our house and selling our cars and moving to the land of medical marijuana and temperate climates to be near San Francisco and weather that won't make my husband suffer as much. (we pray!)