?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Round 3... fight!

  • Aug. 13th, 2004 at 2:38 PM
Butterfly wings
Okay. The last and final round. And I think it's gonna be ugly.

Poll #335487 Real Real Ultimate Power Poll Round 3

Pirate Elves or Robot Aliens?

Pirate Elves
27(50.9%)
Robot Aliens
26(49.1%)

Comments

scoots_honor wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 07:23 pm (UTC)
Anyone voting for Pirate Elves is clearly voting for a favorite and not a realistic winner, here.
It is completely implausible that Pirate Elves would defeat Robot Aliens, primarily because Pirate Elves would have no recourse for Alien/Robot technology. They would be sitting ducks in their boat and completely exposed to the ray beams of the Robot Aliens, and a host of other futuristic devices my brain and yours cannot comprehend.
It seems cool to vote for Pirate Elves because of the whole Legolas//Capt Jack sex appeal, and while this is obvious, it is also a pathetic combination versus the power of Robot Aliens.
I don't like it anymore than anyone else. Ninja Bigfoot has long since been laid to rest, but Pirate Elves cannot possibly usurp Robot Aliens.
I don't want to hear anything about Salt Water either, because the aliens arrived in a ship, are robotic and can just sit in their ship and whoop Pirate ass.
dunbarius wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 07:28 pm (UTC)
Several things that I considered:

One) Being the top seed, the Pirate Elves had home ice.

Two) Robots are made of metal and don't do to well in salt water.

Three) M. Night has clearly taught us that aliens are vulnerable to water.

Now if the battle took place in the force dome, the Pirate Elves would need some enhanced weapons to stay competitive. Armour piercing arrows and whatnot.
dunbarius wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 07:31 pm (UTC)
I should've read your whole entry before replying. I see you address salt water, though I don't feel that the battle could be fought ship-to-ship. Then we would call the battle pirate ship vs. alien ship, which is like saying seasoned steak vs. hungry lion.
scoots_honor wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 07:47 pm (UTC)
Your Pirate fanboyism, shown through shirts and previous posts completely ruins your argument. Drunken swords lose to laser beams every time. Every time.
Fucking fanboy.
:)
dunbarius wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 07:56 pm (UTC)
Yes, I'm a pirate fanboi. I have pirate pajams and subscribe to Pirate Whore Monthly.
prozacmessiah wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 07:48 pm (UTC)
If ships are out, then so are any saltwater concerns. Otherwise the pirate elves would drown long before the robots would rust. It's also likely that the robots are made of stainless, nickel alloy, titanium, or some type of polymer. Presumably, races manufacturing assault bots have evolved beyond cast iron as a primary contruction material.

Since so few modern militaries have turned to armor piercing arrows as an effective anti-tank weapon, I think the pirates will need a little more juice to stop the bots.
dunbarius wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:02 pm (UTC)
Pirate elves are offensive juggernauts. They do not, however, have much resistance to laser beams.

The Magic-Using Mafia really should've beaten the Robot Aliens. Nobody else does the right sort of damage to defeat them. That's why the water came into play. It wasn't so much the salt in the water as much as it was the water itself. Electronics don't like water, you know. I think that if the robots get wet, they're done for. All the Pirate Elves would have to do would be knock them off or sink the ship. Robot aliens sink down to Davy Jones' locker.
belladonna_ wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:06 pm (UTC)
Ben, I don't think I got your back here. I hated to do it to them, but I think the Robot Aliens are going to cream the Pirate Elves. They aren't even as tactically viable as the humans against the Silons, for god's sake. It hurts me as much as it does you, but mein freund, we're going to live in the Matrix.
dunbarius wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:11 pm (UTC)
I do have a fantasy scenario here:

The Robot Aliens jetpack down from their hovering ship to the abandoned Pirate Elves ship. The Pirate Elves pirate the Robot Aliens ship and blast them to pieces with a giant death ray while they search the vacant vessel.
prozacmessiah wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:39 pm (UTC)
Again with the ships!
scoots_honor wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:08 pm (UTC)
Fanboy.

All Pirates have to do is get close to the Robots to push them off the ship.
ARE YOU KIDDING.
While they dodge the laser beams and futuristic weaponry? Sure, Blackbeard.
dunbarius wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:12 pm (UTC)
Elves are very sure-footed. I'll bet they've got 20 points in both dodge and evade, too.
scoots_honor wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:28 pm (UTC)
Dude. You've already conceeded defeat to Nancy on the phone at 4:19 p.m. on Friday, anything else you say here no longer holds weight.
Your Pirate Elves are dead.
dunbarius wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:36 pm (UTC)
Not my Pirate Elves, BUCK-O! There are circumstances where the Pirate Elves _could_ win. But you're right, it looks bleak.
prozacmessiah wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 08:38 pm (UTC)
You took the ships out of the equation earlier. Regardless, I don't think waterproofing is beyond those capable of assault bot engineering either. My wristwatch is waterproof, to say nothing of my dive computer.

All they'd have to do is hold on to a pirate elf and let gravity take over. As you've pointed out many times, you can't break free and robots are strong.


hard_knox_life wrote:
Aug. 13th, 2004 09:21 pm (UTC)
The RRRRR's have it
victorine wrote:
Aug. 14th, 2004 01:17 am (UTC)
Pirates are sneaky and tenacious. Robots have too much logic to win a dirty fight. so there.

Latest Month

April 2005
S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by
HP.com/gwen