I WILL UPDATE YOU TONIGHT, JOURNAL.
I WILL UPDATE.
i realize now i do not fear death... i fear my daughter will not be free when i die
- From the Twitter of an Iranian medical student
"If it bothers you so much, then why don't you stop watching?" seems to be the question of the last few days from my friends and family who know how invested I have become in the cause of the Iranian people (as I have explained in great detail here) The answer is simple: one day of caring is not enough. We must be the voice for the people of Iran who would otherwise be silenced. They are without reliable news sources, they are without mobile phone calls, text messaging, facebook, twitter, youtube, AIM, Yahoo, Google, and pretty much every other useful outlet for information you can think of. Yet they persist on the streets and on the internet in any way they can. The least we can do, whether we are across continents, oceans, or time zones, is spread their words safely.
My death is irrelevant.Wht is important is that u do not forget my words.We want freedom.i will die 4that
- From the Twitter of a protester in Tehran
Right now, brave men and women in Iran, both young and old, are sacrificing their lives for their voices to be heard. They must fear not only the police, but also the Basij -a force of men loyal to the government who plant themselves among crowds in plain clothes in order to discretely attack protesters and incite chaos.The protesters are peaceful. They mass together in crowds that are reported to grow in size every day. At night they have very few, if any, safe places to stay. Houses with satelite dishes were attacked by the Basij tonight, and during the 50 minutes of Twitter's maintenance, another university was attacked.
140 characters is a novel when you're being shot at.
- From another Iranian Twitter
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- The most obvious thing to do is stay informed. Keep an eye on reliable sources on Twitter, refresh blogs and news sites that are covering the stories.
- If you are on twitter, retweet information from reliable twitters, but REMOVE THE USERNAME if they are in Iran. People have died because of the lack of responsibility by fellow tweeters and the media in this front. They can be tracked down by the government of Iran.
- Spread the information elsewhere. Repost this article or write your own on Facebook, Myspace, Tumblr, or anywhere else you can think of. If you write your own, make sure you are concise and accurate. Link to your sources for people to learn more.
- Discretely change your location on Twitter to Tehran or Iran, and your time zone to GMT +3:30. Don't post to brag about how you did it, otherwise it was useless.
- DO NOT auto-refresh and take down websites, even if you are asked. It slows down the internet for the rest of the people in Iran.
- If you make a proxy DO NOT post it publically, otherwise it is useless. Send it in a direct message to a trusted source.
- DO NOT spam the hash tag #IranElection with useless things to "confuse the government". This does not help at all.
USEFUL SITES TO FURTHER HELP
(REMINDER: DO NOT REPOST PERSONAL TWITTERS OF THOSE INSIDE THE COUNTRY, EVEN IF THEY ARE RELIABLE!)
دنیارابگوییدچطورآنهاانتخاباتمان دزدیده اند
Tell the world how they have stolen our election
- original article by one_hoopy_frood on LJ
James Ransone: Haha ... I love this one. Yes, he kept his distance from us, but for two reasons that aren't as highbrow as they're made out to be. The first being that the shoot itself was really intense, six-day work weeks with a lot of coverage, and Alex was in almost all of the scenes. So we would shoot all day, from dawn until dusk, and he would go back to his hotel to prepare for the scenes the following day. This was because Alex has a Swedish accent and he wanted it to be as authentic as possible. The other reason he quarantined himself from the rest of us was because when he did go out, he was the wildest party animal I have ever seen. The two occasions we went out, Alex sang the Swedish football anthem and tried to fight an entire town. After that I was like, "Yeah dude, I get why you won't hang out with us, if you get killed or go to an African prison, the producers are gonna be pissed."
WHAAAAAAAT?? DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME?
( Collapse )