1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Ummm. Got my full license? Swam in the Mediterranean? OH! Ran 6k :)
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for the next year?
I don’t do resolutions, that way leads disappointment.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. I don’t know anyone even in the vicinity of being pregnant, actually.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
England and France were the big’uns although I was also in the US briefly a couple times.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Don’t even get me started, meme. A real job. Direction. Certainty. Confidence.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don’t ever remember specific dates so… lol not really any, probably.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably that I went from someone who could not run for 30 seconds to someone who can run 4k easily, and 5-6k on a good day. I’ve never been an athletic person so the fact that I was able to commit to this and stick with it and get to a place where I run about 4k five times a week is the one thing I’m proud of this year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Like every other fucking thing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thankfully. Uh, I may have had Whooping Cough in the fall lmao but IDK.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I’ve always found this a weird question! I don’t know. Does this mean on like an international scale..? Or within my personal life?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
lol again, like… I don’t know, Stephen Harper? Less seriously: Steven Moffat, Bryke and Bays/Thomas.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Planet tickets, fucking international flights. I regret nothing, but yeesh.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Olympics! My trip! Billie Piper! Thanksgiving tbh because all my friends were in town.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
lol probably the Tswift anthems “Shake It Off” or “Blank Space”.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
a) Sadder. 2013 sucked for me… until the last few months, so by December I was in a good place. This December, not so much.
b) The same I think but I’m definitely in better shape.
c) Poorer, see question #11
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
This is going to sound stupid but working? More hours plz and more sense of accomplishment and productivity.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Uh. Being depressed.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my grandma’s apartment, with my parents, my aunt and my cousin. It was pretty nice although staying in my grandma’s apartment for 5 days is toooooo much.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Uh… Bill Cosby?
24. What was the best book you read?
lmao did I read books in 2014? What the hell did I read? I remember reading “The Rosie Project” but I’m definitely not listing that Big Bang Theory AU as the “best book” of 2014.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Voice of a Generation Taylor Swift
26. What did you want and get?
Canadian double golds in hockey. A new computer! I wasn’t expecting to get that until a year from now so I’m pumped. Also: a selfie with Billie Piper and her autograph :)
27. What did you want and not get?
A new phone. A better job. Meaning and purpose in life. A billion dollars.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
These questions are hard because I end up only able to remember what I saw in the last two months. Which was Mockingjay, Big Hero 6 and Gone Girl. I guess Big Hero 6?
29.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
2-fucking-5 which is terrible don’t talk to me. I had dinner with my parents and then had a drink with a friend. And felt sorry for myself, largely. lmao.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If somehow magically I got a great career-type job that gave me money and fulfillment and some idea of where I might be in 2 years.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
"Does this fit"
32. What kept you sane?
Internet escapism. I wish I was kidding.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I’ve had the same answer to this question since at least 2011.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I remember having loud yelly discussions about anti-vaxxers for some reason.
35. Who did you miss?
All my friends. Everyone left town. :(
36. Who was the best new person you met?
lmfao I literally like… don’t know if I met any new people in 2014. Everyone moved and I became a hermit.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Ummm. Always turn the lights off when you pull over to make a call even if you think “oh I won’t talk long”.
Otherwise not much is new with me. I don't post here because it's a ghost town and also because if I did it would be the same fucking post I've been making for three fucking years about how I have no purpose in life and blah blah blah quarterlife depression. At least on Tumblr I can break that up with a lot of pictures of David Tennant.