I was all like 'hmm, maybe I should do that meme I've done every year at New Year's!" And I went to my old entries to find it and LOL apparently I didn't do it last year after all. Oops? But
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Lots of stuff actually. LOL for one, I dropped a course 3 months into the semester. But more excitingly, I went overseas for the first time! Which also meant taking a plane on my own for the first time. There was also a lot of spontaneous trip planning, including that one time I decided day-of to go to Montreal and crash on sweetcherrytree's couch.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for the next year?
I don't make New Year's resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Kris gave birth and sent us a notification email, but I never even knew she was pregnant in the first place. She's the only one, though. Which is probably good because there's not really anyone else in my family or close friends who are baby-having age.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, I am lucky.
5. What Countries did you visit?
Englaaaaaand! Also the US but the US barely counts because I go there all the time. Chicago in particular was a first, though.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
LOL I DUNNO, 2011 WAS PRETTY GOOD. Maybe a life plan. I've never had one of those.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
lmao not really any because I suck with calendar dates, BUT APPROXIMATELY AUGUST 27-ISH TO SEPTEMBER 5TH. Also that day in January I spontaneously decided in the span of about 4 hours to go to London. And probably also the first weekend in October, which is when I was in Lexi's wedding in Chicago.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Uhhhhh. lol I don't know, I don't think there was anything out of the ordinary. I can't say graduating because that is next semester.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmmmm. lol well I felt like a dumbass for not graduating on time, but given my lack of life plan I guess that worked out for me. ish.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No injury, but I apparently caught the plague in London and was sick with a cold almost non-stop from September through the beginning of December.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to Much Ado/Londonnnnn. In terms of material items, my new computer probably.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I can never answer this question very well.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
lol there is this one douche who has been haunting my days for years but TBF I don't think I really had much indirect interaction with him this year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
lol London's tourism industry. AND ALSO CHICAGO, WHICH WAS UNREASONABLY EXPENSIVE, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED. And also Apple.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I'm sensing a theme, here.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
lol "Someone Like You", because it was everywhere.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
a) Not sure honestly? I suspect in December of 2010 I wasn't expecting 2011 to be that great, and I'm not expecting 2012 to be that great right now, so... IDK
b) I think around the same but probably I've put on a few pounds
c) Well I did have a full-time job for four additional months in the summer, but then I also paid two semesters of tuition (instead of one in 2010), went to London and Chicago, and bought myself a computer, so all-in-all probably poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
lol NETWORKING. SOMEONE HIRE ME.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
lol, I dunno. I could say something like "procrastinating" but we know that won't happen.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Day was just my parents and I, which it usually is. Boxing day my aunt, uncle and cousin came up, and then my cousin and I spent about 3 days playing Wii. It was a lot of fun tbh.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Doctor Who is my favourite still, but only the older stuff. So stuff that was airing this year, idk probably Community.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
lol no I don't think so.
24. What was the best book you read?
STOP ASKING ME THIS MEMES, IT MAKES ME INSECURE ABOUT MY READING HABITS.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I dunno. I like Florence and the Machine but I don't know if I discovered them this year or not.
26. What did you want and get?
LOL idk. To breathe the same air as David Tennant and Catherine Tate!
27. What did you want and not get?
A season of Doctor Who that didn't blow?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Dunno, I didn't really watch that many movies in 2011.
29.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 22 a couple days ago and I went out for Indian and then gelato with my friend.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To be honest, 2011 was pretty good to me. It is 2012 I am leery of.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
lol comfortable? IDK I don't think it changed much, if anything I became vaguely more aware of how to dress myself.
32. What kept you sane?
Probably the internet, which seems sad.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hahahahahahahaha. MATT SMITH AND ALEX KINGSTON OBVIOUSLY.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Well there was our failure election and the subsequent disintegration of Canada's left wing. That was pretty unfortunate.
35. Who did you miss?
My friends! Where are they.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
spud14 watches nature documentaries with me and lorelaisquared let me sleep on her sofa. I THINK I'VE KNOWN THE REST OF YOU LONGER THAN THAT.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Do not go to Alaska and let foxes play with your hat.
Well that was fun.
When I was looking through last year's post to try and find this meme, I saw that my New Year's Eve post included a video of polar bears narrated by David Tennant. This year I bring you AMAZING STINGRAYS:
10/10 for the one that does a perfect backflip.