Reasons why Annie's life is not that great right now
1. Still haven't figured out who my secret admirer is.
2. Got tickets to the AI dress rehearsal on Tuesday, and once again it doesn't look like I'll be able to go due to an unfortunate combination of uninterested friends, lack of efficient/cheap transportation, and class. Which means I'll be missing seeing Danny, Anoop, Michael, and Brent perform live :(
3. A friend of mine left for New Zealand a few days ago. I want to go to New Zealand :(
4. Still haven't heard back regarding the two internships I applied for. (VS PINK and Paul Hastings -- yes, a lingerie collection for teenagers and a law firm. I'm trying to expand my horizons.)
5. The heat in our apartment doesn't work.
6. Paper due this Tuesday -- if I end up going to AI, I don't know if I'll be able to turn it in early because my professor's office hours suck. Also, it doesn't help that the paper requires me to research the Bible.
7. Been spending way too much money on VS stuff lately :(
8. Boyfriendless on Valentine's Day. Enough said.
9. No motivation whatsoever to write. That includes fanfiction, essays, my House spec, and fanfiction once again.
10. My dwindling food supplies are bordering on alarmingly nonexistent. I've barely made it through these past few days on one meal a day. Too bad I don't have a car to get to the nearest store.
Reasons why Annie's life is awesome right now
1. Saw "He's Just Not That Into You" yesterday. It was adorable. I want my own Alex :(
2. Wine, chocolate, and good conversations with friends isn't a terrible way to pass Single's Awareness Day.
3. That's it.
My dentist is a moron. She botched the first part of my root canal (and only admitted it today when faced with incriminating x-rays, even though I hinted to her several times over the phone that root canals are not supposed to hurt weeks afterwards), charged me $80 extra to fix it, and then sent me off with a $100 prescription (that my medical insurance may not even cover) for 300 mg Clindamycin to be taken every 6 hours, when she already knows I'm sensitive to antibiotics and half that dose every 8 hours is enough to induce severe side effects. To top it all off, I don't even know if she did the second part of the root canal right, because my tooth is still bothering me. Wtf, dentist?
In happier news, I briefly outlined the next three chapters of SKOM. The final chapter count will be around 27, give or take a chapter or two. It feels rather sudden, but apparently I've already said all I have to say. In regards to chapter 23, guess what? After 130k, the boys are finally taking off their clothes! \o/ Although I admit to abusing a really awful H/D cliche to kinda-sorta pave the way there... actually, come to think of it, I'm gonna have to change that part. The more I think about it, the more contrived/insensitive/generally stupid it seems. Anyone willing to talk it over with me and point out when I overstep the line? Preferably someone who's familiar with the fic, because I kinda don't remember what happened in the first 20 chapters.
Fandomy goals for the remaining 5 days before I go back to school: finish ch 23 of SKOM, a beta job, the Junk Boys QC, and the mirror WiP. The last one's a stretch, but I'm crossing my fingers!
Finally finished holiday drabbles :D They're way overdue, I know -- a month to write 2,500 words of fic is pretty pathetic. In any case, I've just got a few more cards to write and then I can finally send them out. Consider them New Year's cards, even if they're Christmasy in appearance.
Tomorrow's the deadline for most people on extensions for the next gen fest, so we should have the majority of the submissions in 24 hours. I'm so excited -- we've already received about half of them, and there's a lot more variety than I expected. A lot of AS/S, which I expected, but we have also have A/S/R, het, cross-gen... something for everyone, hopefully.
RL has been pretty chill these past few days. Between college football bowl games, I've been downloading/watching a lot of movies -- I rewatched The Other Boleyn Girl, Brokeback Mountain, and a few episodes of QaF, watched The Talented Mr Ripley, Milk, and Zack and Miri Make a Porno, and downloaded Prince Caspian, Seven Pounds, My Own Private Idaho, Yossi & Jagger, and Shakespeare in Love. Slumdog Millionaire, Secretary, In the Mood for Love, and The English Patient are next on my dl list. If anyone has suggestions, let me know -- I want to download as much as I can while my school's ITS isn't breathing down my neck.
Off to bed now -- my mother's usual wake-up alarm just went off, which means it's far too late for me to be up doing nothing. Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying your holidays! ♥
Horrible, stressful day. Two awful finals. Got home and barely had enough time to reactivate Facebook before Primetime came. Primetime shuttle driver was a complete failure who got me to the airport LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR before my flight. (To put it into perspective, he picked me up 3 hours before my flight.) Luckily (or unluckily) the flight was delayed 2 hours due to all the motherfucking snow in Chicago. Finally got on my plane. Tried to work on drabbles for holiday cards. Failed. Tried to work SKOM. Also failed. Tried to work on holiday fic. Again, failure. Made it home safely. Stuffed my face. Checked final grades. (UNDESERVED AND VERY UNFAIR) DEATH. Too lazy and meek to bug TAs. Facebook stalking and eating cookies to keep myself from sinking into depression and transferring out to a community college :(
On the bright side, I got a bunch of holiday cards :D I haven't opened them yet, because I want to wait until I go back to school and get the rest of them, but the moment I read them all I'll make a thank you post ♥ I promise my cards will reach their recipients before New Year's Day!
Is anyone still awake? Talk to meeeee.
ETA: Forgot to mention I watched Heights for the first time in a long time. That was the highlight of my day. It's amazing how much I picked up the 4503284023th time around.
I know there are fics I need to read and emails I need to respond to, and I'm so, so sorry for putting them off for so long. I've been absurdly busy, and to top it all off I was so sick I couldn't even reach for my laptop on Tuesday, so that put me a day behind. I promise I'll get to everything I need to do in the next few days. Or weeks. Or something like that. Just... as soon as the craziness calms down a little.