1. I haz a husband! Great pics on the book of face if you're a regular there (still there as Megan Houchins, so friend me, bitches!).
It went... pretty well, save for the Groomsmen of Epic Fail, who's well timed idiocy still has me thinking back to my own wedding and CRINGING over that horrific moment of NOT seeing anyone at the end of the aisle when the music started... Clearly, this is not the memory I had hoped to take with me through the rest of my days, but it's possible I won't always feel that way. Hope not.
There were plenty of other wonderful things - Jules caught my bouquetm and we had an absolutely WONDERFUL reunion (save for her nasty bout of food poisoning). And I looked pretty fabulous, which was nice. A good long update on that (with piccies) to come.
2. I gave my official notice to my employer. SERIOUSLY. My last day of Cass-related irregular EKG's will be August 13th...
3. Which will be immediately followed that wekend by MY MOVE TO THE STATE OF FLORIDA.
I cannot type that sentence on this blog wihtout a certain foreboding. I have been trying to get the everliving hell out of Ohio for as long all almost ALL Y'ALL have known me. It is really happening this time. Why?
4. Because the afore mentioned husband (see #1) is moving to Florida on Sunday. Without me. For 8 weeks. His pharmacy store here had hours dramatically cut... and right on cue, a new service is starting in Florida that they wanted Jeff back for (filling scripts for patients levaing the hospital). So he starts on Monday. I stay here to finish out our lease and collect my August profit sharing @ Cass (which is too much money to ignore).
5. Jeff's other job is to find us a house in Florida while he is down there. The housing market collapsed there so badly we are not looking for houses priced higher than $75k. We found several for well below that when we went neighbohood shopping on our honeymoon. Our monthly expenses will be so few that I WILL NOT HAVE TO WORK IN FLORIDA IF I DON'T WANT TO.
And I plan to work within a few months of getting down there - even if it's part time holiday season retail, or working from home. I also have a suspicion there are a couple client who would take me as a free-lance consultant for the short term. I am gonna start school on my nursing degree in January (ye gods, eductaion is cheap as SHIT in Florida).
So yeah. I am loving this. Except for the separated from my newlywed husband part. That is hurtin like break-up pain in my chest. And speaking of my chest...
6. The booby fairy came to visit me. Let's just say I can no longer wear 1/2 my tops. Alas, though, that the new bosoms WEIGH more, and they have caused me to start developing a new keloid scar on my chest, because they pull at the open-heart scar. WTF. There is a rumor at work that I got a boob job. It's that 'WHOA!' kinda noticable.
God save me when I get pregnant...