||[Dec. 24th, 2009|11:07 pm]
01. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? |
Experienced people in a new way, did a long scuba diving trip, applied for Peace Corps, swam with dolphins, and had many new adventures.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, and yes.
03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one close to me, but I did know someone who did.
04. Did anyone close to you die?
None this year, thank goodness.
05. What countries did you visit?
Mexico, and almost Niger.
06. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Patience, compassion, and understanding.
07. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 29, for self-evident reasons.
08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Forgiving some of the things and people that hurt me.
09. What was your biggest failure?
Not forgiving the rest. And lacking in compassion and sympathy.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
An iPod, some incredible new books, and a new car.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Deanna, for staying so on on the ball and in touch with her emotions and sense of honesty and self-worth in the face of so much crisis.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The people who betrayed their friendships.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Delicious, delicious food, into a trip that never happened, into some gadgets,
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The people I met, the new hobbies I cultivated, the garden I made, my summer camp.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Much happier, much wiser, much more able to communicate with others, more realistic in the pursuit of my dreams, better able to care for myself and look after my well-being.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Frisbee golfing and scuba diving. And traveling, of course.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Idling and wasting time. There was a lot of that.
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
With family in Georgia, seeing cousins and grandparents.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes and Rome.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. Can't say that's not true on their side though.
26. What was the best book you read?
Kushiel's Legacy, Eat Pray Love, Atlas Shrugged, and the works of Carlos Castaneda.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Folk and bluegrass music and learning how to play the guitar better.
28. What did you want and get?
A place to grow living things, people to enhance and enrich my life and expand my horizons, and curry. Lots and lots of curry.
29. What did you want and not get?
To finish The Glass Bead Game, Awareness in a few areas. Forgiveness. And to walk away from several bad habits.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Avatar, The Dark Knight, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, and Paranormal Activity.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 23, and celebrated with friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If camp had lasted 12 weeks, or if I'd done a few weeks in another state.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
No more Hawaiian shirts. Clothes more suitable for the weather, and markedly more casual.
34. What kept you sane?
Knowing I'd been through pretty much everything before and survived it.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Emma Stone, to replace the long-standing Lindsay Lohan crush I'd had.
35. What was your favorite video game of the year?
Heroes of Newerth. DotA, but better!
36. Who has made the most cameos in your dreams this year?
I don't rightfully recall.
37. Whom did you miss?
Salem, Matt Shell, Jyoti, and the friendships I'd cultivated but have grown apart from since.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hands down, Deanna, and after that the crew of iD Tech. Tyler and Matt as well.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
23 is really quite a young age after all. The future lies ahead, but it will be a long road ahead getting there. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
And all our sins come back to haunt us in the end, to hang around, and tap us on the shoulder...