Spoilery = McAvoy and Fassbender were pretty much perfect in their respective roles.
Fassbender was/is pretty much perfect full stop and this movie has done absolutely nothing to curb the dangerous levels of obsession I have reached with that man over the last few months. The scene where Magneto is in Argentina and killing those guys and the hand running through the hair and guuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Get inside me, Michael Fassbender.
My only complaint with the movie is Emma Frost. They fucked up my beloved White Queen so badly. They turned her into a flunky without any sense of her sheer snarky awesomeness. I do not approve at all and the special effects on her diamond skin was kind of lame too. Maybe she'll be better in the second one, I have hopes.
Actually, I have a second complaint: I cannot BELIEVE Charles went and mindraped Moira! That better turn out to be her faking it in the next film because, dammit, she's great and Rose Byrne was cast perfectly for her.
Thoughts unattached at the moment to full paragraphs:
- Angel Salvadore was a very strange choice for a character to have in with all those classic kids.
- Killing off the only black guy and making the only black woman switch to the Bad Guys - I see what you did there, film, and I didn't approve.
- FOOTLOOSE, FOOTLOOSE, KICK OFF YOUR SUNDAY SHOES!
- Azazel! I was way too excited that he was in the movie and I look forward to the next movies doing things with him and Mystique and giving us a wee little Nightcrawler. Because that would be awesome :D
- Erik speaking three languages. This does things to me. And Fassbender did them all with such sexy ease. (notobsessed.) Although Erik got a little more Irish towards the end.
- Wolverine's cameo was a thing of beauty.
In the next films I have hopes for a few of my favourites kids to pop up. I think both Polaris and Psylocke would be awesome if only because purple and green hair are both awesome things to have.