_anaesthetize_ (_anaesthetize_) wrote,

Summer lurve!!!!

Well i've had the most awesome month!

being taken to ibiza was wicked. Hanging with work peoples was wicked. I didn;t mind driving, as drinking wasn't of a great priority to me, and the drive down to the villa on the stooper steep road, where the hand brake couldn't even hold the car still was awesome, would be a riot in a big 4x4!
jumpaleening at night with 2 other people in the pitch darkness was awesome! and just lazing by the pool ruled. and bora bora rocked, spidey dance, woo woo! and andrew and i jumping off rocks into the sea from 30-40feet ruled, i felt like i was turning insideout!!

top bombing!!!



woo woo woo

then one day of work was followed by a 22hour journey to the other side of the world.

i met dad on tuesday morning in heathrow, and we arrived wednesday morning (7 hour time difference). it was warm, and humid, being that the island is/was mainly rainforest. we checked into our nice hotel room, and spent 2 days chilling in the town of kota kinabalu. a bit of shopping and eating and laying by the pool was very nice. we only went to teh state of Sabah, which is part of Malaysia, which was until 50 years ago part of the British colonies, so oddly enough they hadve the same electrical sockets on the wall! and they have a good grasp of English, which meant we did not learn much Malaysian, though I did a little, not that I will remember it for long i'm sure!
friday morning we made our way to the bus station to catch a rusty old bus for 10 ringgit each, which works out at £1.50, half way accros the island, and to the head quarters on mount kinabalu, famed for being a world heritage site, and the highest peak between the himalayas and new guinea. i felt i may have over packed, but im useless at travelling light. we stayed one night in teh lodge there, and then saturday morning we pciked up our guide, which was not at all necessary, but we guess they insist we have them for insurance reasons, and to boost the local economy. clarence was he, and he spoke a small amount of english.
it was awesome walking up though teh rainforest, not too wet, not too hot, but not much wildlife. we stayed at the base camp, laban Rata over night, and at 2am sunday we headed up to the summit to catch the sunrise. it was well funny all 170 people walking in a line up the mountain with headtorches in the dark! the sunrise was excellent! we didn't stay long, and headed back down to grab our stuff and make the descent to the bottom. it was ok, we took ourt time as dad's knees aren't great these days. the last Km was a killer, and now 4 days later i still can't walk all that well, my muscles are on a drive to grow, and still recovering from the massive exhaustion.
aafter that we checked into our hotel, and monday morning got us a rental car. we drove inland, saw a waterfall. the road were between excellent, and partly falling down the montains, with pot holes that we could barely get through. we made it to sandakan in teh evening, this is the second major town. it used to be where they exported all of the logs from when they removed half of the rainforest. they now export palm oil, which we saw 100's of kms of palm trees on our way. it was a bit of a dull town.
tuesday morning we headed to sepilok to see the orangutangs at the rescue centre. they were fun and cute. and after we had a relax being pretty tired.
yesterday we had to drive back accross the island (500km) stopping at some hot springs, and a tea plantation. i drank tea for the 1st time in my life this week!!! i have no plans to make it a habit. then we had a lovely 20 hours on planes and waiting in airports, the flight from kuala lumpur is 12 hours! im knackered, but have until monday before i have work, which i damn need! mmmm, my own bed for the first time in 3 weeks :D, and no need to wear ear plugs!!!!!!!!!!! YAY


sabah tea pancake!

i have managed to take almost 2000 photos in the 3 weeks i have owned my new camera!!!

local artwork

  • tired

    i am very tired, so much so that sitrtting upright is difficult. so it was sunny when i awoke. after some britas empire, i finally went to the…

  • who dressed you this morning?

    going through the security checks in LA airport thismorning/last night yesetrday, whenever it was now, we have to remove our shoes, and as i didn't…

  • last minute life

    i am beginning to realise that we are off awayfor 2 weeks in just a few days, and i feel totally un-prepared. this next week will be totally…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.