A lot of this is copied straight from my yuletide letter, so apologies for the length. It's all just here for inspiration, so please pick and choose what interests you and ignore the rest!
Links that might be useful:
Fic things I Like: fics of all ratings, magical realism, adventure, myths and legends and fairytales, science and pseudoscience and the Indiana Jones style of archaeology, fantasy & urban fantasy, apocalypse and post-apocalypse fic, intelligent protagonists, swordfights, terrible jokes (and good jokes), competency, distinctive/atmospheric settings, silliness, epistolary fic, case fic, roadtrip fic, domesticity, slices of life and anything that reveals character.
Also; what-if type AUs (where it's still the same characters in essentially the same universe, but anything else can change), space AUs, people acquiring pets (idk, it's a thing), loyalty kink, moral ambiguity, first times, getting together rather than established relationship, power imbalances, mind control, shameless tropes (accidental soulbond! bodyswap! sudden telepathy! we must share body heat to survive!), cross-dressing, first times, enemies-to-lovers, friends-to-lovers, happy or hopeful endings.
I love seeing characters showing affection in their own unique way, relationships being important and intense and not necessarily romantic, relationships that only make sense to the people involved, and love being anything but straightforward.
Porn is very welcome but not required at all. Vanilla sex and smut that focuses entirely on what the characters are thinking and feeling is always lovely. If you want to write kinks, my favourites include sharing fantasies, light bondage, toys, d/s elements that aren't painstakingly negotiated and both characters are conveniently into, sex pollen, desperation leading to frottage & sex with clothes on. Please avoid anything to do with collars, necks/breathing being impeded in any way, bloodplay, and bodily fluids that aren't commonly involved in sex.
Things I Don't Like: non-con, serious illnesses, permanent character death, animal cruelty or death, abuse of any kind, anything to do with pregnancy or kids, bleak and hopeless endings.
Art specifics: I like art of all ratings, kissing, characters being close, characters being dorky, basically anything that has my pairings interacting! Also; hands, smiles, stillness, lighting and shadows, snapshots of a scene, humour, characters cuddling if they're a fluffy pairing or pining each other against a wall if they're not, costume porn, helping each other dress or undress, one character giving the other a gift, domesticity, training together, reading together, sharing food.
There are a lot of options here, and for some I have definite ideas for and others are genuine OH GOD ANYTHING requests, so please don't take more words written as a sign of preference. I am going to be thrilled with any of these pairings! Also, even for those I have given a prompt for, it's all just for inspiration and there's nothing I have my heart set on. Free feel to create whatever you want :D
Doctor Who & Related Fandoms
- Ashildr & Clara, Ashildr/Clara, and Ashildr & Clara & Jenny - Ashildr & Clara having adventures through time and space! Whether it's just the two of them or if they pick up Jenny somewhere along way, and whether it's with or without kissing, I will be delighted. I don't mind if it explores the downsides of immortality, but I would especially like something bright and exciting.
- Jane Austen/Clara Oswin Oswald - Clara finding out how good of a kisser Jane Austen is! I'd love to know how, when and where that happened, and if it's a regular occurrence.
- Barbara Kean/Leslie Thompkins - manipulative mind games, dub-con, canon-divergence, AUs? Barbara pre or post her breakdown? I am here for it.
- Tabitha Galavan/Silver St. Cloud - I assume they've run off together, so anything around that would be delightful. Tabitha showing Silver more practical skills, beyond making people fall in love with you? Learning to survive outside of the family, or making the most of only having each other? Feel free to set in the future, age Silver up or keep it chaste if you want, but you don't have to.
- Selina Kyle/Silver St. Cloud - I have a weakness of ships that are based solely on the strength of hatred between them. I imagine something like respect could be built, if they were forced together for some reason. And then hate!kissing, obviously.
- Tabitha Galavan/Barbara Kean, and Barbara Kean/Selina Kyle - Barbara having fun with people who are slightly more put-together than she is! Make it as dark or darkly comic or sexy as you like, and feel free to age up Selina or keep it chaste if you'd prefer.
- Oswald Cobblepot/Jim Gordon - Oswald's massive, painfully obvious crush is my everything, but I'm especially interested in Jim's consideration of him always being the lesser evil that is starting to look a lot like caring, and how often Jim relies on him (and even his reluctance to go to him), and how willing he is to work with Oswald. My only definite request is please make it getting-together fic, rather than established relationship, because I am all about seeing how these two could come together.
Jekyll and Hyde (TV)
- Bella/Lily Clarke - Two strong women who are used to using every trick they have to get what they want, who have worked had to get where they are and always know more than they're letting on - as long as they're not fighting over Robert, I will be delighted.
- Olalla Jekyll/Lily Clarke - Perhaps Lily finds she has a thing for Hydes? Something where they're both entirely aware of what the other is, and are reluctant for all the right reasons but still want each other anyway, would be amazing.
- Fedora/Olalla Jekyll - Fedora scoping out the competition? Treating her like daughter, or an unwanted step daughter? Olalla being a Hyde in every way and going after what she wants? Anything!
- Olalla Jekyll/Captain Dance - He's the person she loves most in the world! Make it as twisted and manipulative as you like, because I am here for it.
- Robert Jekyll/Captain Dance - It can be as Hyde or as Jekyll, and fully consensual or as dub-con on either side as you want. Do something with all that friction between them, please?
- Robert Jekyll/Olalla Jekyll - as Hydes or as Jekylls. Anything would be delicious.
- Robert Jekyll/Ravi Najaran - I imagine Hyde would have something to do with this. It doesn't have to be lasting, or nice, or fully consensual, but I will impressed if it is!
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke and Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (TV)
For either book or TV:
- Emma Pole & Arabella Strange, Arabella Strange/Jonathan Strange and Flora Greysteel/Arabella Strange - My OTP is Arabella & happiness, so any of these showing at least a dash of light would be wonderful. I would love to see anything set during canon or post-canon, exploring her friendship with Emma, her love (and fond exasperation) for her husband, or new-found happiness with a new, very special friend in Italy.
For just the TV series, because I have those particular performances in mind:
- Emma Pole/John Segundus - I know Emma could never again stand to be beholden to any man, but perhaps she could manage a man utterly devoted to her? Perhaps, with her aversion to magic and Segundus' sensitivity to it, they could spend their days rooting out bad magicians or clearing old magical traps or whatever they like. (a casual, never-talked-about Dom!Emma/sub!John vibe would be amazing but not at all necessary if that's not your jam)
- John Childermass/John Segundus, and John Segundus/Jonathan Strange - Segundus is super pretty and I want him to have an equally attractive man to make out with. Any reason will do! Magic spells that require two people, spells gone wrong, travelling that requires too much close contact and possibly forced bed sharing...
Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Bobbi Morse/Natasha Romanov, Darcy Lewis/Pepper Potts/Natasha Romanov/Sif, Maria Hill/Natasha Romanov, Maria Hill/Wanda Maximoff, Natasha Romanov/Sif, Natasha Romanov/Skye | Daisy Johnson, Peggy Carter/Natasha Romanov, Pepper Potts/Natasha Romanov, Sharon Carter/Natasha Romanov, Wanda Maximoff/Natasha Romanov - I am mainly into MCU for the femslash, but I have no particular favourite, so - anything! I love competency, people playing to their strengths, spy shenanigans, people not necessarily trusting each other but having to work together anyway, training together, fight scenes, hurt/comfort and all the tropes that come with people rushing into battle together, women coming together through respect and mutual attraction rather than desperate longing, and also desperate longing. Anything!
- Loki &/ Thor, Loki &/ Steve Rogers, Loki/Pietro Maximoff - ... I also really like Loki. Anything where he's mercurial and infuriating and working to some purpose that no one else knows would be lovely, and I especially love it when he has someone to play off.
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
- Elizabeth Bennet & Charlotte Lucas, and Elizabeth Bennet/Charlotte Lucas - I love their friendship, and would love anything sweet between them, with or without kissing.
- Charles Bingley & Fitzwilliam Darcy, and Charles Bingley/Fitzwilliam Darcy - as above, I love their friendship, and would love anything sweet between them, with or without kissing!
- Georgiana Darcy/Charlotte Lucas, and Catherine Bennet/Georgiana Darcy - Georgiana finding someone to love! I would especially like something sweet and uplifting for her, because she deserves all the happiness.
- Elizabeth Bennet/Jane Bennet/Charles Bingley/Fitzwilliam Darcy - Please make it happily polyamorous! I love the idea of all these people who adore each other finding out how they all fit together, through domesticity or sex or whatever else. Free feel to focus on any combination, if you want, as long as it's clear all four are together.
- Charles Bingley/Fitzwilliam Darcy, and Fitzwilliam Darcy/George Wickham - I'd love something that made either of these pairings actually work within the canon story of Pride and Prejudice, somewhere in the background - either secret trysts growing up or in boarding school or hatesex when Darcy finds Wickham or seriously whatever you can think of. Best friends secretly in love with each other and worst enemies secretly in lust with each other are my FAVOURITE.