?

Log in

No account? Create an account
_53
15 August 2008 @ 03:14 am

Starving puppies partially ate wheelchair-bound cancer victim after his daughter and caretaker abandoned him in his home.



5 of the world's best driveable wooden cars.


The world's wierdest vending machines.



Woman driving asks her passengers odd questions about faith, swerves car off road and deliberately hits cyclist, carjacks SUV, crashes SUV into other cars, crashes SUV into fence, then gets out and strips naked.
wat



Spanish Olympic basketball team poses for picture for ad, all making a slit-eyed face with their fingers, causing predictable shitstorm.
Seriously, what did they think would happen?


Georgian reporter gets grazed by bullet on air. Throws on vest and keeps on reporting. Hardcore. Video.


Oil companies may drill off the coast of New Jersey, ruining beachgoers' view of sign-towing planes, medical waste washed up on shore, orange-tanned guidos, and fat guys with hair on their back. Since this involved New Jersey, where I lived for three years in art school, I had to include it.


Apple is now worth more than Google.


34,520 people are on a waiting list to buy a new all-electric Chevy Volt tomorrow, although it won't roll off the assembly line for another two years. Let's see if history repeats itself.


85 percent of flying public wants to see children in separate section of plane. I think the other 15 percent are just masochists.


The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) wants to fine American Airlines $7.1 million for safety violations and intentionally flying planes that pilots said needed repairs.


Houses in Detroit are being sold for as little as one dollar.


US restrictions of imports from Europe have caused sperm banks to run dry of much-demanded Nordic semen, causing wannabe single moms to fly to Denmark to get pregnant.


Authorities in Queensland are on the hunt for a mob responsible for bashing a baby koala to death, attempting to stone a mother koala from its tree and pinning cane toads and nailing live magpies to trees.


An inflatable dog turd the size of a house blew away from a modern art exhibition in a Swiss museum before bringing down an electricity line and smashing a greenhouse window. The name of the sculpture is "Complex shit." Tragically, no pic :(



Man would rather fake being a cop from a nonexistant police department than pay for porn, apparently.
He said he was from the "age verification unit" and saying he wanted to make sure the performers weren't underage. It didn't work. If this job exists I want it.


Consumerist: United Airlines ruins family vacation to see dying relative in Hawaii, sells tickets to someone else, lies about it, gets caught lying about it, but still won't admit it to insurance company.

Even for evil airline stories, this one may shock you. How about:
* Holding $5,000 in tickets from a family for six months, then telling them the day before that the flight has been canceled;
* When confronted with the fact that the flight hasn't been canceled, telling the family that the reservation has been lost;
* Finally admitting that they've bumped the family from the flight and were lying about the cancellation and the lost reservation;
* Offering replacement seats on multiple planes and days, splitting the family up on different flights and depositing them at different islands;
* Offering to get them there 5 days into a 7 day vacation, part of which was scheduled to spend time with a family member who was dying in a hospice in Hawaii;
* Refusing to write a letter on the family's behalf so that they can collect their insurance payment on the house they rented but never used.

With one act of disregard, United destroyed the vacation, cost the family over $10,000 in house rental fees that they can't get back, and forced them to cancel the trip. The dying family member they didn't get to see passed away in early June.
 
 
Current Mood: accomplished