Ladies and gents, I'm back again! Terribly erratic of me, isn't it? Disappear, post, disappear, write some fic, disappear...well, you get the idea. I'll go for a super quick recap before I jump into the main point of the post.
1. Life is NUTSO. Work is eating me alive and the endless unpacking and re-organizing at my new place is just that: ENDLESS. But the work thing is doing me in, I swear.
2. Supernatural and those darn BOYS fill me with such squealy glee on a daily basis, I basically don't know what to do with myself.
3. This week I was driving to the Metro and heard on NPR about the Kickstarter campaign for a Veronica Mars movie. I grinned all the way to work, though the announcer's opinion that VM fans are called Marshmallows made me wrinkle my nose. Never been called that. Veronica Mars Season 1 is still my favorite year of a TV show ever. (And for those who stare and wonder at my ability to adore SPN all the way into Season 8 and wonder if I just NEVER leave any TV show behind? Let me assure you, I ditched VM in Season 3 out of sheer disgust after loving S1 THAT MUCH. I can be driven off. Same thing happened with Glee. Loved it, now I loathe it and won't watch. IT HAPPENS TO ME, TOO. :D Just not with those boys. We are OT3 until the end. (I think it helps that my ship on SPN cannot neither be fully severed or fully realized except through my fannish action. That pleases me.)
The point of the VM story was that right after I heard that bit on the news, I said to myself. "Huh. I should totally finish Holding the Curve." Finishing that fic probably ranked with the VM movie as highly unlikely things that might actually happen. And then someone commented on the last chapter of HTC and said the same thing. A SIGN? MAYBE. :D
4. After not finishing a single fic for about four months, I wrote 16,000 words in seven days and posted two fics. GO FIGURE. I'm also up to 11,000 words on a third fic that is 85% porn. Um. I blame deirdre_c
for almost all of those words. In all three fics. Ain't she great??? I LOVE HER.
But the posted fics were:Second Star to the Right | R | Jared/Jensen
, which was my fic for j2_everafter
. An adaptation of Peter Pan, and I've wanted to write a J2 AU of Peter Pan for years, and never snagged it in the challenge, so this one HAD TO HAPPEN. ♥Extra Credit | R | Jared/Jensen
, which was my fic for my favorite filthy challenge, salt_burn_porn
. If SBP was going perpetually (I know, totally unreasonable demand!), I would ALWAYS SIGN UP. In fact, I'd probably sign up twice, under assumed names just so I could write MORE.
5. AND NOW, the main reason I've called you all here. I've done it again: signed up for Big Bang with no fucking CLUE what to write. The options for me for Sam/Dean and Jared/Jensen AU or non-AU. No other pairings, no gen. Aside from those parameters, I'm at a loss, ONCE AGAIN.
This is where I plead with you for a suggestion, an idea, a whisper of a plot! Maybe there's something you've always wanted me to write? Or something you can't get enough of in fandom? It can be really simple or incredibly OUT THERE. I'm open to allllll suggestions! :D
HELP ME, F-LIST. All I have to offer in return is my undying gratitude and possibly the very fic you suggest in 20,000 word form! ♥!
ETA: J2AU: Undercover agents who hate each other over a previous stint gone bad or some such thing, who have to pretend to be a couple?! OR where one has a crush on the other, but can't admit it? (Thanks to mekina
for mentioning one of my favorite tropes: pretend couple! Even if she wanted it Sam/Dean. I'm totally seeing this as J2!AU. HMM!)