* A meta-funny xkcd
* Potential MiddleMan == Potential Robin. Hence the danger of leaving one of them unsupervised (and, frankly, if MM thought that 'dating' == 'effective surveillance', he hasn't dated on a while). I think I see where the story is going, and it's going to get ugly.
* As always, the B-MiddlePlot was more interesting than the A-MiddlePlot. I think they do that systematically and on purpose.
* David Hewlett is awesome, but he should never do that to me again.
* Saw the play "La Muerte del Señor Miguelets." It was pretty interesting -very cinematic, fast-paced and ambiguous- but it made clear that my attitude to porn has been deeply skewed by (but a few years in) fandom.
* Leblanc's Lupin-vs-Holmes stories would be more interesting if he were more sporting about Sholmes/Holmes and -specially- Wilson/Watson. His treatment of the latter reads like bad character-bashing fic.
* The comic industry is all screwed up. I'd be far more interested in what's going on with Batman if DC hadn't lined up the
thing that's going to be reset anyway as we all know
event afterward. We don't need to be told months in advance what's going to happen; that only leads to us keeping up with things via s_d.
* I'm wary about it, but Air
could prove interesting.
I've never been to a con (except for the various MCONs with ringspells
), but this
is a fantastic idea (although it pains, angers and shames me that it's a necessary one).