__marcelo (__marcelo) wrote,
__marcelo
__marcelo

  • Mood:

Fic: Things Done at Noon

Title: Things Done at Noon
Fandom: Simon Spector
Prompt: #8, Phobia
Rating: PG13
Warnings: Violence and pragmatism.
Summary: There was this machine, you see...
Word Count: About a hundred and fifty.


Phobos and Deimos. Rogue neuroengineers. Sociopathic siblings. Cooling corpses.

Simon stood in front of the unassuming EM generator responsible of making everywhere in the city deadly terrified of him. It had made very difficult to locate and reach the siblings' lab without harming innocents too much. A priori impossible, perhaps, except that Simon had already plans in place for a similar situation. You never knew when you'd become -temporarily or not- the world's most wanted man. Again.

Right now he had a situation to defuse before the drugs he had taken to neutralize his fear response wore off and he ended up driven insane by the machine's secondary defense systems. Simon accessed the control console. As he had expected, the semantic pattern matched him, and the energy was set to a hundred per cent

He set it to a more useful fifteen per cent and began making arrangements to move the machine into his building.

Christos approved the idea. "Fear is just another weapon. A pure one."

.finis.

ETA: I was about to scrap the fic; the actions were, say, 99% Simon, but the remaining 1% was against something I see as being a core part of him.

Then I added the last line.
Tags: fic, prompt #8: phobia, psych_30 challenge, simon spector, simon spector fic
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 10 comments