I figured I'd copycat Penelope, and annouce on here that I made it into my first choice of discipline, Electrical Engineering, in the traditional stream - at the University of Alberta. Congratulations to me!
I figured that since I was in bed at a reasonable time, it was probably a good thing that I keep myself up to an unreasonable hour doing something productive or entertaining - so here I am. I ditched out of our whacked out plans to go see some political debate at the Night Gallery, involving candidates not even in our riding. There was free tacos, and bands after - but, I was pretty tired. The real, and completely reasonable reason I didn't go (despite my talk to the contrary on the weekend) was that Penelope was over, and (as she helped me realize) it's a totally rude thing to ditch her and go out with my friends - while she's still at my house no less. Anyways, I sent a rather dejected looking LeBaron off to burn rubber in the 'stang without me.
I've still got to get around to picking up the Matthew Good tickets for his concert this sunday. Maybe tomorrow over lunch. I still have to figure out where the heck the ticketmaster in Mac Hall is. With only an hour for lunch, that might be a little tight. Penelope is off to Edmonton with her mom, to see family, and hopefully see a few places to live. Funny part is, all year long we spent all our time apart, and rarely were together. Now that she's leaving for two days, the situation having been revsersed, im feeling anxious almost, I'll miss her! :cry: I'm still very much up in the air about where I'll be next year, maybe more on that later. Anyways, im out of my writing mood - and tired. ;) Good night!
Apologies that this blog has been so inactive. I still post to my usual one, I just havent worked out a cross-posting solution for this one, as of yet - with my new blogging software...
for all of my usual ramblings. Thanks.
- Your last name stays put.
- The garage is all yours.
- Wedding plans take care of themselves.
- Chocolate is just another snack.
- You can wear a t–shirt to a water park.
- You can wear no t–shirt to a water park
- Motor mechanics tell you the truth.
- The world is your urinal.
- You never have to drive to another service station because this one is “just too yucky”.
- You don't have too stop and think about which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
- Less of the same work, more pay.
- Wrinkles add character.
- Wedding dress – $4000; tux rental $100.
- People never stare at your chest when you’re talking to them.
- The occasional well–rendered belch is practically expected.
- New shoes don’t cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
- One mood all the time
- Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds.
- You know stuff about tanks.
- A five–day holiday requires only one suitcase.
- You can open all your own jars.
- You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
- If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
- Your underwear is $8.50 a three–pack.
- Three pairs of shoes are more than enough (one black pair, golf shoes, one pair sandals).
- You almost never have strap problems in public.
- You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothing.
- Everything on your face stays its original colour.
- The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
- You only have to shave your face and neck.
- You can play with toys all your life.
- Your belly usually hides your big hips.
- One wallet, one colour, all seasons.
- You can wear shorts no matter what your legs look like.
- You can “do” your nails with a pocket–knife or your teeth.
- You have freedom of choice concerning growing a moustache.
- You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives, on December 24th, in 45 minutes.
- A shaved head is a perfectly reasonable haircut.
- Other people’s misfortunes are funny because they aren’t yours.
- Scars make you look tough, especially if they’re on your face.
- “Gag reflex” isn’t something you need to worry about when performing oral sex.
- Grunts are fully permissible as communicative acts.
- Orgasms are a right, not a privelege.
- Nobody thinks you’re a slut.
- Forgetting to shave makes you look rugged, and rugged is cool.
- A hand is as good a comb as any you could buy.
- Hairdryers have one application: inflating air–mattresses
- Mens’ magazines rarely feature crosswords, and never hold advice from any kind of psychic.
- You can probably go your entire life without having any part of your anatomy waxed. Probably.
- Silence isn’t something that needs to be filled.
- Crossing your legs is a fairly simple affair, and holds little danger of underwear exposure.
- Nobody needs to hold your hair while you puke.
- If your car, stereo, computer, or lawnmower breaks down you can probably figure it out yourself. If not, hey — you get to buy a new one.
I handed in my Specialization form today. Well, I guess that's a weight off of my back. I almost didn't want to let go when I handed it to the secretary. For the most part, however, I'm confident I'll enjoy Electrical Engineering. Now to finish off my linear algebra assignment, and get crackin' on my cover letters for more summer job apps. I swear I've applied to like twenty jobs and not heard a thing. Disappointing indeed.
On a brighter note, I wrote the most hilarious final exam ever today. It was twenty questions true or false, and 15 of them were true (which I of course knew before I even wrote it). The weather today is breathtaking. Ahhhhhhh, spring truly is the greatest of the seasons.
That's right, I finally took the plunge. I filled out my Engg Specialization form tonight, and ohhhh it was tough but I think I've made the right decision.
- 1. Electrical
- 2. Mechanical
- 3. Civil (That's right Penelope! Just try and stop me =D)
- 4. Computer
- 5. Materials
- 6. Environmental
- 7. Petroleum
- 8. Mining
Penelope actually told me I wasn't allowed to take civil. Well nuts to that I say. I really REALLY enjoyed the statics class I took last semester, so much so that Civil was actually in close competition for my first choice. I think the reason electrical won out was because of the biomedical electives you can take. Biomedical Engineering is just soooooo cool. Once you get down past number five the choices dont reflect a lot of thought, but there really isnt much left. Hopefully they dont get all the way down to number five.
Alas, it's bedtime.
• • •
Spitting Games by Snow Patrol off of: Final Straw.
. . . . . .
I grabbed a copy of Snow Patrol's "Final Straw" last night, mostly because the server was fast. I thought to myself "how could a band who calls themselves snow patrol be any good?". Well, surprise surprise, despite their lack of skills in the art of nomenclature - their music is surprisingly good. I suppose I'd classify it as a softer punk. Not emo, definitely not. Just sort of like, punk unplugged. I dont know - hard to say really. Maybe just New Rock?
Through the recommendations of a friend (who you all know on the forums as kate) katelynne, I've sort of taken a liking to Franz Ferdinand and John Frusciante as well. I also picked up a copy of Crystal Method's latest joint "Legion of Boom". Classically good Crystal Method, but refreshing too.
I did homework ALL day today, barely even stopping to eat, so it's left me a little drained. I'm just going to leave it at this.
Call me crazy, but I think Jesus is coming into vogue.
Due to the overwhelming success of "The Passion of the Christ" (in which Mel Gibson personally stands to profit something in the order of $350 million or more), I think the major studios are hauling proverbial ass to release religious movies, banking on it's success. Take "Saved!" for example. I mean come on, Macaulay Culkin is in it! Urgh, its so depraved that people try to profit off of something like faith.
On another note, I Robot looks cool. Even if it's starring Will Smith. A little bit of a played out premise, but I don't think it's going to stop me from paying my $14 to see it.
1. Saying "I love you" immediately before, during, or after sex doesn't count.
2. Real men drive stick
3. I will leave if you lie.
4. You are cute in raglan-sleeved T-shirts (two-toned baseball undershirts)
5. I'm convinced I'm pregnant and obsess about it for 24 to 48 hours before my period, even when i have no reason to think so.
6. I love it when you hug me from behind and whisper into my ear.
7. "Fine" is never an appropriate response when I ask you how I look.
8. Most of the time when I fantasize, it's about you.
9. I'm terrified of becoming my mother, even though I admire her.
10. I get turned on simply seeing that I have an e-mail from you.
11. I expect you to call me.
12. Only rock stars are allowed to wear leather pants.
13. I'm scared of losing my independance.
14. I'm more forgiving of you than I should be.
15. Oral sex is your get-out-of-the-dog-house-free card.
16. You did something bad. I seem cool with it. I'm not.
17. If i'm not having sex with you, A) having a fat day; B) not feeling "connected" to you; C) blackmailing you to get something I want.
18. Shoes determine whether you're fashionable or not.
19. I own a Debbie Gibson CD and i'm not afraid to use it.
20. When I compare my tummy to a kangaroo pouch, say nothing.
21. A man I love plans the occassional fancy-shmancy dress up sate and impromptu weekend getaways, and he buys my favorite candy in advance when we're just going to the movies.
22. You look hot in hooded clothing items.
23. You should never tell me what to do.
24. If I slept over, you owe me breakfast.
25. My breasts LOVE much licking and sucking.
26. If you ask me out directly, I will say yes.
27. I'm very impressed when you ask for my advice.
28. I'm unimpressed with a man who doesn't take the lead.
29. When in doubt, go with a shirt that matches your eye color.
30. I want to be Madonna.
31. Women get urinary tract infections. So watch (and wash) your finders.
32. I'm in heaven when you hold my hand.
33. You're sexy when you're shaving, fixing stuff, wearing white T-shirts and jeans, driving, eating a peach, holding a baby.
34. I need to hear how you feel about me. OFTEN. Tell me now.
35. Suprises, especially gifts for ME = MORE LOVING.
36. I want to be the best thing that's ever hapened to you. And for you to recognize this.
37. If I'm not feeling loved, I will start looking...
38. Discussion of ex-bf's and ex-gf's should be avoided at all costs.
39. I like it when you tell me what you're thinking even if you don't know yourself.
40. Celebrating our anniversary, even if it's only been a few months, earns major bonus points.
I love it when you're sweaty.
42. It's best to consult your gal-pals for gift ideas.
43. A lady should always be greeted with kisses.
44. I like porn.
45. I love holding your ass in the palms of my hands.
46. Even nice girls like hushed dirty talk in public.
47. It's cheating as soon as you're doing something with her that you wouldn't want me to see, hear, read...
48. For the record: I'd rather you break up with me than cheat.
49. I remember EVERYTHING from our relationship.
50.You should know all this without me telling you.
• • •
Hey Jude by The Beatles off of: 1967-1970 (Disc 1).
. . . . . .
There's this crazy movie, it's something of a conceptual or fantasy promo for an "iPod" type product. Pretty well done video, and a really cool concept. Check it out!</a>