i love book memes, a lot more fun than regular memes.
The first sentences (give or take) of ten of my favourite books. Guess the books.
1. I should first forewarn you that this story will feature a freakishly excessive headcount of characters with the Christian name Pete. kids in the riot suthnoli
2. I am a vampire, and that is the truth.
3. The artist is the creator of beautiful things. Picture Of Dorian Gray suthnoli
4. It was small and wrapped from head to toe in dirty rags, swaddled like a new-born baby. touching from a distance suthnoli
5. It was nearing midnight and the Prime Minister was sitting alone in his office, reading a long memo that was slipping through his brain without leaving the slightest trace of meaning behind. harry potter and the half blood prince [so obvious!] suthnoli
6. One of our last car trips, near the end of my father's life as a man, we stopped by a river, and we took a walk to it's banks, where we sat in the shade of an old oak tree. big fish clashcitizens
7. In the last Easter term, before the Hole, life was bright and good at Our Glorious School. the hole clashcitizens
8. There were once three children, called Jo, Bessie and Fanny.
9. The last day of school began early for Sara Cantrell.
10. "She said that she would dance with me if I brought her red roses," cried the young Student; "but in all my garden there is no red rose." the nightingale and the rose wildhoneypie4
There's a lot i must tell you about last night, but can't be bothered yet. maybe i'll just post the msn convo.