So, I did mention this was in March next year for me, yes? Due to the issues with my arm, and my inability to complete a variety of functions while recovering from my injuries I decided it was best to postpone my fourth year of medical school.
Now that I am once again fully functional with my prosthetic limb, I have restarted my studies. Given my experiences and my training, I have decided to go into Emergency Medicine for my specialization.
I'm hopeful to be matched to a Manhattan hospital but given the competition I have also noted several other choices. I would prefer not to commute if at all possible but sometimes we do not get all we want. (Clarice, I may need to have a conversation with you next year if things do not play out as I wish. )