EVANESCENCE ~~ The Open Door
An awesome review by Tiia The
first time I listened to this album, I was a bit shocked. The beginning of the album held a strong rock theme, as their earlier album "Fallen" did. Further into the album, I was actually delighted- the strong rock theme became mellower and it was replaced with string instruments and turned the whole album into something much more dramatic.
I don't really believe the lyricists have developed lyric-wise, since many of the same themes are repeated in "The Open Door". A strong theme of this album I believe is love and the other theme, not surprisingly,is death. Lee's vocals have developed a lot, in my opinion. She's able to use her full voice, not just the small fraction she used in "Fallen".
The band as whole has gotten better too, they've become more varied with their melodies and beats. It's a pleasure to listen to a band who've gotten so much better after a successful album.
Key: ♥ Liked
♥♥ LovedTrack list:
1 "Sweet Sacrifice" ♥♥
- A good song to start an album off with. Lyrics were okay.
2 "Call Me When You're Sober"
- Only song I probably hated off the whole album. I mean, come on....
3 "Weight of the World" ♥
- A pretty good song, overall. :)
4 "Lithium" ♥♥
- The chorus was amazing and Lee shows us that she CAN ACTUALLY SING
5 "Cloud Nine"
6 "Snow White Queen"
7 "Lacrymosa" ♥
8 "Like You" ♥♥
- My favorite track off the album. It really made me think about lots of things.
9 "Lose Control"
10 "The Only One"
11 "Your Star" ♥
- Not bad, but not super. Pretty good in general...
12 "All That I'm Living For"♥♥
- Loved Lee's vocals in this one, just awesome!
13 "Good Enough"
- Nice, peaceful song to end up and wrap everything up. Very calm and soothing :)
If my craptastic review interested you, please go buy the album! :D [Or MSN moi for some songs]