If you fancy yourself a budding graphic designer, please realise the following;
- 6 months at Shillington does not count as 'qualifications'
- Yes, Illustrator is lovely, but don't use it to set page layouts, or make press-ready material. Adobe spent a lot of money developing an application that does that. It's called InDesign. Make friends with it.
- Learn colour theory, and colour profiling. You'll be amazed to discover that the web and print use different colour models.
- Learn resolution at actual size. Learn that web graphics in print look s@#thouse.
- If you're not sure how to set press-ready material, ask. Most people are happy to tell you. Don't just mildly tinker, harrumph, then declare your material is right, and send the same thing which was wrong last time again. This makes you a wanker, not a designer.
Gripe over now.
Work, it shits me.
Tags: whine, work
Current Location: work
Current Mood: irritated
Current Music: chisels on the work radio