I present to you fifty, what I think are pretty interesting, facts about me.
1) Music. If I tried to explain it, I would ramble on for hours and only succeed in confusing you, so it’s better to leave it at the one word. Number one. Music. This is my life.
2) I listen to all music, without discrimination. Yes, this includes hip hop, classical, and country music. My all-time favorite types of music would have to be punk rock and jazz.
3) I play the guitar, and I can get around a keyboard all right. I intend to master about twenty more instruments in my time.
4) I love talking about myself, and I spend a lot of time alone, thinking about who I am and how I can improve myself. Sometimes it makes me seem really self-absorbed.
5) But I’m probably the most compassionate person I know. I always try to be objectively aware of other people’s feelings. I don’t mind putting myself through uncomfortable situations to make other people happy.
6) I’m vegan. It’s not open to question and it will never change. I know too much. You know too little. I don’t believe it’s an issue of caring, although I’m often tempted to see it that way.
7) I believe. Not in God, but in a force that connects, protects everything in this world. I can’t see it, but I can feel it. I guess you could call it faith, but for me it’s a certainty.
8) I’m afraid of heights. Tall buildings and ferris wheels make me anxious, and I am absolutely terrified of flying. I have never been on a plane, and I will never go on one unless someone drugged and forced me.
9) If it weren’t for that, I would love to travel. I love having new experiences, learning new cultures and meeting new people.
10) However, I’m also a homebody and I am both terrified and amused by the idea of me ever living somewhere away from northern New Jersey.
11) I am half Italian and half Irish.
12) My parents got divorced when I was 3 1/2. I rarely think about it. Sure, my mom raised me, but my dad had a large part in it too, and I don’t think it’s that weird, as I’ve never really known anything else.
13) I wish I could get married and raise a family, but I’m afraid I will never find love.
14) I don’t believe in having sex if you don’t intend on having a baby. In fact, I don’t actually believe in anything that’s totally at odds with nature. I love nature.
15) I’m not against homosexuality because if you think about it, even if it’s unnatural it doesn’t have dire consequences. Also, other animals engage in homosexual behavior. However, I’ve never seen any animal other than a human use birth control.
16) I have never been in a relationship. I have never been on a date, and I have never been kissed. (I’m eighteen.)
17) I go to the Rutgers University Newark Campus. I live, eat, and get educated for free, thanks mainly to working my ass off in high school and partly to being pretty poor.
18) I absolutely adore the Newark area. I love all the diversity and action of urban areas, and this place has a lot of heart. It’s no Snobsville.
19) I actually come from Morris County, about 20 miles from Newark, and one of the richest counties in the country. (I’m not rich, though.) I recently found out that someone very special lives really close to my town now. It’s actually kind of ironic and I don’t know how I feel about it. At any rate, I like to go home on the weekends to sleep in my own bed and see my family.
20) I hate to work. I only had one job, in a grocery store, and I quit after one month. I’m not cut out to do slave labor. I’m meant for bigger things.
21) I hate money. I hate capitalism. Politically, I’m more of a socialist or anarchist. I would give anything to make all monetary and bartering systems just disappear.
22) I would be pretty liberal, but there are some things I hate about it, such as abortion and modern feminism. Yes, I’m a girl, and I would love to argue against those things. Anyway, I suppose I’m more of an independent thinker and voter, although in all honesty I have no hope for American politics.
23) I love to volunteer. Someday I hope to start my own nonprofit organization to help children realize their potential to change the world. I’m already in the process of planning it and starting it.
24) I intend to be a starving artist as a profession, likely a street musician.
25) When I say art, I am not speaking of the graphic arts. I am speaking of all creative outlets, particularly music, writing, and almost anything else that exists. I am a creative, expressive person, and these are my passions. They always have been since before I could read, and they always will be, far beyond the grave.
26) I make friends really easily once I begin talking to someone. However, people never approach me and I am way too afraid to approach others, so rarely do I actually meet new people.
27) I have mad social anxiety issues, I really do. I am sometimes so socially awkward that I am pretty much nonfunctional. I deal. I think I’m getting slightly better all the time.
28) I usually can’t pee if someone is in the next room, I can never go in public bathrooms, and in general I can only go in my own house, or if I can listen to running water.
29) I have an endless supply of weird psychological problems like that.
30) I have never been to a therapist, although almost everyone close to me tells me I should.
31) I try to do self-therapy, and as logical as my exercises are, they rarely work for some reason.
32) I used to become obsessed with things very easily, but now that I kind of have a life, I’m reasonable in my likes and dislikes.
33) I have one younger sister who is 14. Sometimes, we are best friends. Other times, we butt heads because she is a moody teenager. Hopefully this will get better.
34) I hate it when someone gives me something I can’t return. This mostly applies to abstract concepts such as love, inspiration, and happiness. These things kill me.
35) I may or may not believe in reincarnation. I can never decide.
36) I am obsessed with Ruckus and the fact that college students can download music for free there, even if it’s only for their player.
37) I definitely believe in soulmates. I also believe that soulmates are not meant to be together. They are meant to help each other and feed off each other, but if they were together, they might feel complete and stop fulfilling their purposes and trying to make things better for everyone else. I arrived at this conclusion partly from watching the movie Hancock and partly from personal observation and experience. It’s pretty weird.
38) I absolutely love to read. I love bookstores and libraries, and I love book discussions. It all fuels me.
39) I love learning in general, actually. I have always loved school, despite the fact that it’s pointless for most of my life goals. I figure if the government is paying for it and I enjoy it, why the hell not? I also love teaching myself new things.
40) A few months ago, I could not even make a sound if I tried to whistle. Now I can actually whistle melodies.
41) I believe that human beings have no limitations, that machines are kind of extensions of ourselves because our bodies evolved imperfectly, and that you can do absolutely anything you set your mind to.
42) Violence makes me so depressed.
43) I don’t believe in material possessions. Aside from water, food, and oxygen, the only things I could not live without are music and love, which are both abstract concepts. Interesting.
44) I love making lists. I am actually very organized like that, but when it comes to doing things, I hate routine and I’m all for spontaneity.
45) I only like men I really shouldn’t like, but I like them a lot. I’m only just getting over a very bad monster crush of about three years, and already developed a new one.
46) So I never know if the reason I’ve never been in a relationship is that I’m very undesirable, or just that I’m sabotaging my own capacity to be loved.
47) I absolutely adore graffiti. I just find something so indescribably beautiful about it.
48) I can’t stand it when I’m busy doing something, and someone just keeps talking and talking to me about absolutely nothing.
49) I almost always remember my dreams, and they are almost always ridiculously strange. The only thing that’s predictable is the people involved.
50) This number did not come too soon as I cannot think of a single other thing to say about myself.