- My paid account expires soon, which is super weird? I've had a paid account for so long, it feels almost traitorous to not have one. AND MY BLESSED ICONS. On the other hand, I'm not really making enough right now to justify the expense, especially with LJ so quiet. Oh LJ. I miss your heyday. So naturally this made me want to update lj!
- Life is pretty okay. I like work, mostly, although I need more hours, but at least I have some kind of purpose and the company is really cool. It's interesting working for such a small company because all my previous jobs were with quite big organizations. We went go-karting a couple weeks ago! The CEO drove me home!
- I've also been driving more and have become much more comfortable with the highway et al. Of course, this is just in time for it to start snowing and totally fuck with my life anyway.
- On the 13th I'm going to one of those "live" (except, uh, not) screenings of Richard II, with goldy_dollar and a couple other assorted people. I've never gone to see one of these play/theatre broadcasts so that should be interesting. I also need to brush up on my Richard II because at present I have basically no recollection of the play at all, despite studying it. Woops.
- The 16th is my friend's birthday and I think we're going to a spa? Which... I'm actually not super thrilled about because I'm not a spa person, but it should still be pretty fun. I am more looking forward to the "hang out afterwards with food and wine" part.
- On the 18th I'm seeing Eddie Izzard with a friend. He's been in town before and I missed him so I'm glad we were on top of things this time. Live comedy is so great and Eddie Izzard is so great, I'm pretty pumped.
- And then the 23rd is of course the infamous 50th anniversary. Since goldy_dollar has RUTHLESSLY ABANDONED ME in favour of being a lawyer, I'm going with two university friends to the 3D screening here on the Saturday. I was a bit skeptical about spending money on something that is available for free and will likely not be great, but on the other hand I really like seeing things in big busy theatres, so I'm hoping the general air of excitement and fun will help make the whole thing a better experience for me. So I'm excited, more for the experience of seeing two people I haven't seen in ages and being in a big chattering crowd than anything else. Prayer circle the ep doesn't suck as hard as it could.
- And at some as-yet-undisclosed date... S2 OF THE WALKING DEAD GAME.
THE MOST ANTICIPATED MEDIA-RELATED EVENT IN MY 2013 LIFE. WHAT DO I NORMALLY DO WITH MY HANDS, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, OH MY DARLING CLEMENTINE
If you haven't played The Walking Dead Game I 100% recommend it and it is far more of a storytelling experience than a... zombie action game experience. AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR S2, COME TO MEEEEEE
somewhere i have never travelled - so this is what it feels like when doves cry
gladly beyond any experience
28 October 2013 @ 12:16 am
so this is what it feels like when doves cry