- overall I liked it, it was entertaining, i was pretty into it. probably the fact that my interest in the show has been unexpectedly ratcheted up as of today helped, but w/e
- The alien plot was silly but fine. Matt Smith's ~hacking~ typing was Dan Humphrey Gossip Girl levels, though. And you could tell it was written by someone who is only vaguely familiar with the internet.
- Clara!! lbr we're all here for Clara. SO... I like JLC. I think she's really fun to watch and has a lot of screen presence. I like the little bit of backstory we've got for Clara so far, the wanting-to-travel-but-hasn't-made-it-hap
pen thing; I can relate. Also interesting that she didn't immediately hop to the suggestion of leaving -- will she keep doing that or will she stay in the TARDIS? Hmmm.
- more emphasis on the time-travel aspect of the TARDIS. I think Donna was the only one where that wasn't a factor, was she? Rose obviously hesitated, with Martha there was the same idea of "I'll have you right back", and ofc Amy in s5 it was "back by tomorrow morning".
- Was NOT a fan of the idea that Clara's computer genius comes from sinister aliens invading her mind, lord, rme. Not only that but she was unbelievably computer illiterate for a 24-year-old who (according to JLC) went to university. Like, a Twitter joke tips you off that she's a genius? She doesn't know how to use Wifi? Plz
- Relatedly -- the girl in the shop gave her the phone number. that's an impending time loop, right? The girl at the shop is going to be River or something. Lord.
- It seems like Oswin and Clara 2.0 are sort of two separate traits of Clara 3.0 being scattered~ into time or whatever, especially since this Clara apparently isn't named Oswin at all. Plus the wifi password being her ...motto. So... more time loop? Oswin/Clara2.0 exist as a result of her meeting the Doctor and Something happening in the finale? That is my guess, and lol colour me surprised~~
- the monk stuff was stupid but w/e
- Eleven is so into Clara trolololo
- some of the flirty-flirty dialogue would irritate me on paper I think but so far the novelty of JLC/Matt Smith's delivery is keeping it fresh. I suspect this won't last
- Anyway, I liked it? More than "The Snowmen", definitely, and probably more than the rest of s7
- Oh yeah speaking of -- the Great Intelligence is back. Uh, k. Big Bad, I guess, w/e.
somewhere i have never travelled - two doctor who posts in one day? what is this, 2009?
gladly beyond any experience
30 March 2013 @ 04:50 pm
two doctor who posts in one day? what is this, 2009?