Okay, this was way better than last week's. Thoughts:
- Ten! Okay, so I would've missed that if I didn't have the heads-up that he had a "cameo", but I was still like :D even if that voice + that body is super weird.
- Way more interesting than the first half, as I said. The pace was quicker, the character stuff was good, Scottish Man and his son were good, the standard clone ethics were standard clone ethics but they were applied in a more interesting way now that we'd had everything set up.
- A couple of the twists actually took me by surprise! In a fun way! Like the two gangers of Jenny took me a minute to realize (until she made Rory open the... thing), etc.
- I really grew to like Ganger Cleaves. She was awesome. Can she and Clone Eleven please survive somehow and go off and have adventures together because they'd be A+.
- SPEAKING OF CLONELEVEN, omfg the Cloneleven/Eleven shenanigans were AWESOME and I am sure you can all guess why they are relevant to my interests. I liked the whole angst over whether or not Amy accepted him as the Real Doctor, and the "almost the Doctor" bit and the "you might as well call me John Smith" and then HAHA SURPRISE WE SWITCHED SHOES, AMY YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL THEM APART, BOOM ROASTED. That was all fabulous.
- Also, THAT ENDING. WHAT. What. Okay, that actually took me by surprise. I am always wary when people are like ~OMG U WILL NEVER BELIEVE THE TWIST~ but it actually surprised me. GANGER AMY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? REAL AMY, WHERE U BEEN ...FOR NINE MONTHS? WHAT IS GOING ON.
- HOWEVER considering we spent the whole episode establishing that gangers are people, it's pretty odd that Eleven was so ruthless about exploding gangerAmy. How long has she been gangerAmy?
All in all, A+. Although it's unfortunate that the show is deciding to take a hiatus right as I am getting into this season.