THAT... was pretty much what I expected it to be, which is to say cute and sweet but sort of inconsequential. At the end of s5 I was excited by the prospect of a Christmas special with proper companions again, so naturally this one... ended up being all about Dumbledore's man pain and Amy and Rory had about 15 lines combined. BUT it was still enjoyable and I still love Eleven.
- My entire thoughts on the time travel logic of this episode: "How... did... what... ???" I mean, omg, Old Kazran hugged bb Kazran, HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK. I know this show sucks at continuity with science, but...
- Totally called Abigail and her limited life span, the countdown was obvious. It was kind of a neat idea though and I loled at the Doctor's attempt to make someone's life better just giving them MOAR EXISTENTIAL ANGST! You would, Doctor.
- omg Eleven WAS basically like "ooo did you go to a costume party?" loool
- Needed way moar Rory, he had about five lines. Also lol poor Arthur Darvill's name doesn't get a lightning sound affect to go along with it.
- LOL Space Fish. I love the space aquarium going on.
- I wasn't blown away by Katherine Jenkins' acting, but her voice is awesome. I can see why they cast her, considering.
- lol Marilyn Monroe. Eleven! Welcome to the snogging-hot-blondes club!
- Having said that, I usually find it odd when the Doctor apparently has months of whacky shenanigans off camera. I don't really care much this time, and maybe it's just because it's Eleven, but lol. I am glad they found a way to shove a fez into it though.
- It took me a while to realize Dumbledore's dad was played by Dumbledore. I am smart.
- Omg Eleven's advice about snogging and how "otherwise you end up in your room designing a new screwdriver", lol forever. Actually there were a few moments/lines in here I can see fandom latching into in terms of Doctor/Rose, ngl. I mean, I am sure that was not intentional, but w/e I do what I want.
- LOL @ RORY PUNCHING ELEVEN'S CHEST AS A GREETING. Omg I just want OT3 Team Tardis interaction why is this so hard, show.
- The sled-pulled-by-shark omg what even
I think that is about it off the top of my head. So like I said, I enjoyed it a lot but it falls into the "largely irrelevant" category that half the Christmas specials fall into, which is a shame. But at least it was better than Next Doctor, jfc.
The series 6 trailer was cool. I love trailers, IDK, they're just so exciting. The Utah landscape does look gorgeous, ngl. Amy and Rory backpacking! Eleven in a Stetson! The doll ... thingies! Crazy bearded Matt Smith!