Once tagged by this entry, the assignment is to write a blog entry of some kind with six random facts about yourself. Then, pick six of your friends and tag them; no tag backs. This explanation should be included.
Tagged by Jedipussytricks
1) I have a numb spot and atrophied muscle in my left shoulder. It's the result of a fateful snowboarding trip in high school where I dislocated my shoulder and severed the nerve to my deltoid muscle.
2) My dad is more of a musician than I am. He plays guitar, bass, piano, accordian, banjo, and he sings. I play bass and some guitar and piano, but I'm not much of a singer.
3) I almost killed myself with my bass recently. Note to self: ensure all plugs in the house are grounded and don't play barefoot.
4) In jr. high, I read Clavell's "Shogun" and Michener's "Hawaii". They mostly bored me at the time but it made me feel grown up to read my parents' books.
5) I am downright fascinated by the concept of the space elevator and Bigelow Aerospace's inflatable space modules. It seems far-fatched and even crackpot to some but, then again, the idea of the airplane was greeted with great skepticism 150 years ago. I'm fed up with miopic attitude of every generation's so-called academic community.
In the words of Arther C. Clark, one of the originators of the space elevator concept, "The space elevator will be built about 50 years after everyone stops laughing."
6) I have been a resident of Second Life since 2003. I own a small plot of virtual land there and have even built a small virtual home. Though I am really only an occasional visitor, I'm hooked on the idea. I read every scrap of news about SL that I can find. I am an avid futurist.
And the lucky winners are: gjunell, ubiquity2k, slownewsday, isis_page, rustymaggot, mayhem_chaos