( Under the cut because long test is LONGCollapse )
His name is Pablito Manatad. He was supposed to be driving TYL 409 on 22 Dec but he was Badong/Man #1. He's from the Visayas but lives in Quezon City.
He is muscular and heavy-set but has a big gut. He also has a rose tattoo on his left shoulder/arm, and is apparently part of the mostly-Visayan Scorpion Gang that has connections all the way to Cavite.
He was caught because the taxi cab was caught for a traffic violation. The impounding police called us when they realised that the cab was the hold-up cab that they had had an alert released for. The drivers were asked to be there while the owner had to verify if it was a double plate since it was caught when the original was at the garage.
However, the others are still out there even if he has spilled their whereabouts. Please pray and share information about this unceasingly so that more people can defend themselves and even turn these crooks in. And please pray for myself and those of us who have chosen to fight back -- I am learning as early as now that it's a hard, long, lonely, tiring, uphill and costly battle, but if we want to change the system and empower others like ourselves, we will have to do what must be done.
Thank you very much.
At around 7:00 pm on 22 December 2011, Thursday, I withdrew money from Security Bank Annapolis GH branch, near my office. At 7:30-ish pm, I was hailing a cab across Richbelt Terraces. I only remember the cab being a beat-up white four-door sedan car with plate number TYL 409. I can't recall who the driver was at the time and the name of the cab as written on the cab body outside sadly. I do now recall the locks were faulty (I locked all four doors), that the front windshield had the "cleanfuel" sticker (signifying it's using LPG gas power instead of gasoline), and black rubber at the back windows. The seats were all black leather and had the taxi information, which should be printed legibly as mandated by Philippine law, all blurry/erased.
We made the turn from Annapolis, to EDSA, and then the U-turn under Ortigas flyover. We entered corner to White Plains, at Temple Drive, past People Power Monument. At a vacant lot nearby (before Meralco), and ironically while I was in the middle of texting my family my whereabouts, four men came in and they kicked him out of the cab.
- Man 1 (guy by my right, alias "Badong"):
Crew cut, chiseled face, somewhat pointy chin, small eyes, muscular build but
slightly big stomach, with stubble, dark-skinned
- Man 2 (guy by my left): Dark-skinned, round young-ish face, chubby cheeks, bulging eyes, no beard/moustache, short hair parted at the middle, wearing blue long-sleeved Adidas sweater with white stripes at shoulders and sleeves, had a baseball cap that looked a lot like the red Air Asia cap with white text, pudgy arms and legs
- Man 3/”Boss”: Square face, flat cheeks, moustached stereotypical bad guy minus the big beard, dark-skinned, far-set bulging eyes, light moustache, beard, wearing blue long-sleeved Adidas sweater with white stripes at shoulders and sleeves with what seems to be like a white shirt inside, with grey beanie hat, gravelly voice, muscular arms, pudgy legs, always holding on to a pipe (tubo, the one they use for the sinks)
- Man 4/designated driver ("Bobot"): White cap, white shirt, circular glasses, features remind me of Brod Pete (a local comedian), thin, dark-skinned
- My original Facebook post on this subject = https://www.facebook.com/ligayaharuka/po
- The ABS-CBN/Bandila news clip (December 23; easily viewed outside the Philippines via The Filipino Channel, sorry no subtitles) = http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nation/m
- The ABS-CBN text version of the same news (December 23) = http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-m
- NEW: I finally managed to scan the cartographic sketches I had asked a key contact (who must remain anonymous until this case is solved, I owe this man and the people who got me to him greatly as I cannot achieve this drawing style myself) make. Here they are: man 1, man 2, man 3 (minus the beanie, which I tried to describe and even draw but somehow didn't make it to the sketch), and man 4</span>.
I heard someone say “pasensya na (I’m sorry)” but I don’t recall who it is. I do recall the perpetrators drove me around EDSA from Ortigas Avenue to Quezon City, as far as the U-turn right before SM North. They kept threatening to
bring me to Bulacan (a province where I actually DO have kin, but it's got a bad reputation for being a place where bodies are trashed) and rape me especially when I initially refused to give them my belongings. They took my ATM cards, my credit card, my black BlackBerry Torch 9800 with black Otter protective case, my personal Nokia phones (one is a pink 6020, the other is a black 2700 Classic), my Sony Cyber-shot silver T-100 digital camera, and my black Sony Vaio laptop. After “Boss” made some calls via mobile (they were very clever at keeping the numbers hidden), the gang dropped “Boss” off at Cubao walkway underpass, EDSA southbound (major thoroughfare) at around 9:00 pm so he could withdraw money. He came back and tried to strangle, punch, slap, throw shoes/slippers at me and generally beat me up when he couldn't get my credit card's cash advance PIN out of me (it's fairly new and I don't memorize the PIN at all). They took turns trying to beat me up at some point, except for Driver because he was driving. I fought back, and they told me they would rape me because I wouldn't give them enough money (they needed PhP20,000 and even used Typhoon Sendong as a reason to hold me up). At around 10:00 pm they turned into NIA Road near the Bureau of Internal Revenue in Quezon City, and threw me out the cab. When Boss tried to hit me with a pipe/tubo, I vaguely remember clawing and kicking back, taking whatever was left of my things, and ran. I found myself at the Quezon City Post Office security guard house (at the gate), and made phone calls to the QC PD, my mother's office, and the houses of lovediesel and Azalea as those were the only numbers I could contact.
With my family finally arriving around 11:30 pm to almost midnight due to the terrible traffic jam, I went to the QC Police Department at Kamuning/EDSA. We waited for a graying-haired 40-ish cop in a white undershirt and police uniform pants named SPO4 Patricio Sanoza (Sanyosa) to whom I gave my statement, which is attached. I told him about what I recall about the cab, but he did not ask at all about identifying the criminals.
My SIMs have all been blocked/disabled, as have my ATM and credit cards.
The following day, a friend gave this information about the cab that held me up Plate Number: TYL 409 / E#: 2E-3254892 / C#: EE110-8009918 / Moving Vehicle #: 138000000225318 / Col: Freedom White / Sticker #: 2011122773755 / Moving Vehicle Type: Car / TradeName: / Make: Toyota/ Series: COROLLA XL M/T / Year Model: 2001 / Moving Vehicle Class: FOR - HIRE / Org: MARVIN SANTOS. / Official Receipt #: 000201111852482 / CR#: 000000005541645 / Body Type: SEDAN - 4-DOOR / FReg Date: 09-25-2001 / LRegDate: 09-30-2011 / Fuel: GAS / Route: MARIKINA ANY PT TO LUZON / Franchise #: 96-945 / FEDate: 12-31-2007 / Total Apps: 0 / Total Alarms: 0 / Customer ID: CO1378000031312 / Address: 10 MAYSAN ST. VALENZUELA
Separately, I dropped by the QCPD Kamuning once more to get the official, correct copy of the police report I originally filed. There I met a woman named Donna Araujo who was held up on Christmas Day from Main Avenue in Cubao and dropped off at Balete Drive which is very similar to what happened to me. I am trying to get her assistance as she saw the name of the car, which is made purely of consonant
Please stay safe everyone. Hope your Christmas is better than mine. I've seen posts where people blame me for not being vigilant -- excuse me, but I was held up right in the middle of sending my parents an SMS where I was riding, the point here is not whether or not I should've been vigilant but that they still ambushed me anyway even after acting towards my own self-preservation!
And to these motherfuckers who hurt me and others like me, I hope and pray you lose everything you hold dear -- every body part, every item, every person, every business, every bit of cash, and every generation of your beloved families and clans -- as befits the punishment you have long tried to avoid.
Image by my sister. I'll make a graphically-enhanced version when I have more time, I promise.
Of course, the more honest entries are available only to the closest of friends and family who I know are used to this behaviour. So if you think you can handle them please feel free to add me.
Thank you for your understanding.
OMG I wish this would actually come true very soon (like, within the next 2 months soon)! T0T
If I had a million dollars, I would, in this order:
1) Save 30% for myself
2) Settle my debts (should be less than 5% of the US$1,000,000)
3) Donate 20% to the advocacies that I actively support (all Philippine-based and Philippine-oriented)
4) Fly to the US and enjoy a month with interploy and , not necessarily in that order ... or better yet, persuade both of them to return with me to the Philippines! (should cost lest than 10% of US$1,000,000)
5) Upgrade my computer (should be less than 1% of the US$1,000,000)
6) Buy new shoes (I break an average of 4 pairs a year. I wish I was kidding. Also, should cost less than 1% of the US$1,000,000)
7) Invest 10% in the stock market (NOT playing it) and in government-issued retail treasury bonds
8) Invest 10% as seed money for my future with interploy
9) Give away the remaining 10% to deserving individuals, not necessarily those belonging to the poverty line, of my choosing
Friends, how would YOU spend your million dollars? X3
17th March 2010. I was inside one of the hospital bunks of the Malinta Tunnel during the Philippine media launch of HBO's THE PACIFIC. Afterwards we had a great lunch and toured historic Corregidor Island, where cannons and barracks and memorials are testament to the island's - and my country's - pivotal role in the Pacific Theatre of World War II.
Yes, my birthday was awesome. Yay HBO Asia. dXDb
A classmate of mine in high school lost her son, the first nephew/grandson on both her and her husband's families. He wasn't even
Most people don't know this but my other literary hero was Alejandro Roces Jr. Sadly, his death was what jarred me to return to the young, chipper, impressionable writer I was almost 20 years ago.
I owe this to dyoklako. Tagging interploy, dukesawolf, doux_baisers, silverlightstar, yojichan, ayafreya, ericvids, freehold, kimivalkyrie, sushioverdose, supakawaiigurl, kuroshin, panda_monium and ilovetakahana. Whew! =_=0
( Stop! Meme tiemz!Collapse )
Shit, the melatonin wore off while answering this. Oops. X_x
♥♥♥ Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! ♥♥♥
By the way, I apologise to those who sent SMS messages, I am currently abroad and I don't want either side to spend more on texting than necessary. ^^0
As some of you already know, I call mithlin_megil, jactinglim, chocolate_daze and velvetdelirium mai waifus.
But apparently, in Africa, women can take wives of their own. The goal of the women who take on the "husband" role is to have their "wives" bear children for them, to secure the "husband's" lineage.
Well, the more you know... XD
So, waifus, what do we do? :>