So this happened. That tweet was roughly 9 hours and 4 movies ago - bringing my grand total for today to a pretty respectable 5 movies. Its one of those days where you just feel like vegetating and watching movies or TV all day.
1. Silver Linings Playbook - I really liked this, although I feel like the romance could've been developed a bit more? Great acting all around though - no wonder they bagged nominations in all 4 Oscar acting categories.
2. Save the Date - This movie is kind of slow in the sense that nothing really major happens. I read some reviews that said it lacked plot, and I kind of agree. Its very much character driven and focuses on the relationships between the main cast so there's a lot of talking and little action. This makes it sound like I didn't like it, but I did haha this movie has its charms. What really kept me from liking it was the ending. Open-endings/cliffhangers can be great depending on the execution, but here it just felt like the movie abruptly ended.
3. Ruby Sparks - A fun movie about a writer whose literary creation comes to life. Its also a great story about people in relationships and their expectations or delusions about their partners. Bottom line: Relationships are hard, yo. (also, Chris Messina sighting no.1)
4. Celeste and Jesse Forever - Ugh this movie (or rather the ending) was so sad. Another one about how hard relationships are, this one with the added bonus lesson that just because you're best friends doesn't mean you will live happily ever after (sometimes things just don't work out *sob*). Bottom line: Relationships take work, yo, and you should appreciate what you have. (also, Chris Messina sighting no.2) Annnd the soundtrack for this movie is awesome (like, Garden State-level awesome).
5. Safety Not Guaranteed - What can I say I'm a sucker for anything time-travel related. Its not your typical romantic comedy and it even has a coming-of-age subplot in the mix. Plus this stars Mark Duplass (who I love, basically) and he sings in it. I mean, c'mon.
I was contemplating watching Your Sister's Sister next, but I'm thinking I might call it a night. I have to get up early to make up for lost Biochem time (fingers crossed I wake up early).
OH AND, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's make things happen this 2013! :D