1. If you had to characterize your character as an animal, what animal would you choose?
Snake is definitely appropriate for him. He has a way of being cunning, slippery and deceitful. Like the serpent in the garden.
2. If your character were to characterize himself as an animal, what animal would he choose?
Lion. In the book he is quoted as thinking…
“He tucked the weapon under his arm and strode resolutely down the steps. If he has to survive here as an animal, let it be as a lion.”
3. Is your character a follower, a rebel or a leader?
A rebel but he does like to have control of the situations he is in. I don’t think he would admit it anymore but he is certainly a leader.
4. Your character wakes up in his home and smells smoke. What does he do?
Make sure he put out his cigarette first.
5. What's the strangest thing your character ever did?
Good God! Well depends on what you consider strange. He has a tendency for women to ask him to come lingerie shopping with them. He’s stripped for money. He’s um… eaten rats… I don’t know what you consider strange.
6. What social niche did your character fill as a child--bully, nerd, cool kid, something else?
A cool kid and a bully. He bullied most of the boys and was certainly the boy all the girls whispered about.
7. What's the luckiest thing that ever happened to your character?
Any of his escapes from prison. Having the explosives neutralized 3 seconds before his neck blew out. Not dying in Leningrad. A lot of luck under his belt.
8. What's the worst stroke of fortune your character ever had?
Being the Lt. that Captain Berrigan chose for the Ruse.
9. If your character had nearly unlimited wealth, what would he spend it on?
Booze, drugs, sex, guns, a cool bike, a glider.
10. Who's the craziest person your character has ever known, and what was their relationship like?
Here we go with this again… hmmm… He’s usually been the craziest one in the group so this is sort of irrelevant.
11. How does your character make a living and why did he choose that route?
Bank robbery and theft. It was sort of his default after the Ruse disillusioned him. He wanted to be a fighter pilot (glider pilot) until he could retire from the military. Then he wanted to make custom vehicles.
12. If your character had a theme song, what would it be? (You can either pick a real song or make one up.)
“Back in Black” – AC/DC and “Breaking the Law” – Judas Priest. I seriously have a whole playlist for him so I could list about 200 songs for this.
13. If someone wrote love poetry to or about your character, how would it read? (Either describe or--go ahead--give it a shot and write some poetry. It doesn't have to be good.)
I think it would highlight how he’s able to be strong and stubborn and nasty to people but has this hidden side of passion and charm that he keeps away and only shares with them. They would touch on how much he wishes to have a family and how he is protective.
Xena xena_warrior says she would read to him from Gabrielle’s scrolls.
14. How would your character court the person of his dreams?
Blunt and direct... or at least he would now. After losing his chance with Sophia, Snake has become a grab them and charm them into oblivion type. Even though his charms are sort of rough and crude it seems to work.
15. How does your character prefer to solve minor arguments with others?
He is very forceful and can easily bluff people into submission.
16. What is the worst tragedy your character has ever personally witnessed?
Leningrad, his parents, Taylor, Harker’s disregard for human life... take your pick he’s seen a lot.
17. If your character were a writer, what type of material would he write?
Something with lots of action and sex.
18. How healthy is your character?
He smokes and drinks like crazy and is on and off drugs. Though he is very physically fit and eats well when he can.
19. How does your character feel about doctors?
He despises doctors and hates, loathes and is terrified of needles.
20. If your character could be someone else, who would he want to be?
I don’t think he would want to be anyone else. He is happy being Snake Plissken.
21. Does your character want power or authority of any kind?
No. He would just as soon do away with authority I think.
22. Describe the nature and intensity of your character's religious feelings.
He has none. He is very jaded and very worldly leaving the spiritual to deal with when that time comes.
23. Pick three adjectives that best describe your character's inner nature.
Fragile, guilt-ridden, determined
24. Pick three adjectives that best describe your character's outer manner.
Combustible, Calculating, Willful
25. What is your character's view on basic human nature?
Every man for himself and may the best man survive. He really believes in these but I also feel that he takes the “man” part very seriously and woman is on a whole other field where war and fighting shouldn’t really exist.
26. How does your character view animals--as pests, pets, workers or dangers? Are pets viewed more as family or as second-class citizens? How far would he go to protect or take care of an animal?
Pets are definitely part of the family. I think he would go as far as he would for family.
27. How generous is your character toward strangers?
Not at all
With his time?
He is impatient and easily gets sick of strangers.
He’s a bit greedy and believes he earned it (even by stealing) and I’m not sharing.
His aid in times of crisis?
They can die for all he cares though he would try and save women and children if he could without endangering his life significantly.
Rebellious, disinterested, cocky and aggravating.
His emotional support?
None. A stranger would never see his emotions outside of the volatile ones.
28. How easily does your character relate to others?
Very well though he wouldn’t let on that he does.
29. Does your character prefer adventure or security?
30. Is your character a dreamer, or are his feet firmly planted on the ground?
I would say he has his feet planted on the ground but has lofty goals. Not exactly a dreamer because his aspirations are very tangible and realistic.
31. What was the last medical problem your character had?
I am going to forgo all of his injuries due to gunshots, stabbings, falls and beatings from his lifestyle. That is a pretty regular occurrence. Last major injury was a severe leg wound during his last imprisonment.
Crossposted to questionthepups