Love is a horse that rides the sky in chapters
Saturday, August 20, 2005
i'm very tired...........i drummed for seven hours straight today........out in the sun.....in a field.....in uxbridge.....hehe.......
.....i did burn a little........but i'm alright:)
Friday, August 5, 2005
10:31AM - Happy Birthday!
HAIL, ATHENA JAMES HEON! ....the child is born.
Thursday, August 4, 2005
Q: Can you tell me where the fire goes when the flames cease???
A: From the ashes to the astral plane, where the setting sun meets the sea Brendan......
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
1:28PM - just a nibble.....SNAP!
In The Origin of Species Darwin stated:
If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.
A system which meets Darwin's criterion is one which exhibits irreducible complexity. By irreducible complexity I mean a single system which is composed of several interacting parts that contribute to the basic function, and where the removal of any one of the parts causes the system to effectively cease functioning. An irreducibly complex system cannot be produced directly by slight, successive modifications of a precursor system, since any precursor to an irreducibly complex system is by definition nonfunctional.
Since natural selection requires a function to select, an irreducibly complex biological system, if there is such a thing, would have to arise as an integrated unit for natural selection to have anything to act on. It is almost universally conceded that such a sudden event would be irreconcilable with the gradualism Darwin envisioned. At this point, however, "irreducibly complex" is just a term, whose power resides mostly in its definition. We must now ask if any real thing is in fact irreducibly complex, and, if so, then are any irreducibly complex things also biological systems?
Consider the humble mousetrap (Figure 1). The mousetraps that my family uses in our home to deal with unwelcome rodents consist of a number of parts. There are: 1) a flat wooden platform to act as a base; 2) a metal hammer, which does the actual job of crushing the little mouse; 3) a wire spring with extended ends to press against the platform and the hammer when the trap is charged; 4) a sensitive catch which releases when slight pressure is applied, and 5) a metal bar which holds the hammer back when the trap is charged and connects to the catch. There are also assorted staples and screws to hold the system together.
If any one of the components of the mousetrap (the base, hammer, spring, catch, or holding bar) is removed, then the trap does not function. In other words, the simple little mousetrap has no ability to trap a mouse until several separate parts are all assembled.
Because the mousetrap is necessarily composed of several parts, it is irreducibly complex. Thus, irreducibly complex systems exist.
Sunday, May 8, 2005
Wednesday, January 5, 2005
i hung out in the dominican republic today & played drums with three cool cats about my age .......actually one was playing the saxaphone but it was still pretty damn chill!
Wednesday, November 3, 2004
1. Who are you?
2. Are we friends?
3. When and how did we meet?
4. How have I affected you?
5. What do you think of me?
6. What's the fondest memory you have of me?
7. How long do you think we will be friends?
8. Do you love me?
9. Do you have a crush on me?
10. Would you kiss me?
11. Would you hug me?
12. Physically, what stands out?
13. Emotionally, what stands out?
14. Do you wish I was cooler?
15. On a scale of 1-10, how hot am I?
16. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
17. Am I loveable?
18. How long have you known me?
19. Describe me in one word.
20. What was your first impression?
21. Do you still think that way about me now?
22. What do you think my weakness is?
23. Do you think I'll get married?
24. What makes me happy?
25. What makes me sad?
26. What reminds you of me?
27. If you could give me anything what would it be?
28. How well do you know me?
29. When's the last time you saw me?
30. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
31. Do you think I could kill someone?
32. Have we ever had sex?
33. Do you miss me?
34. Do you think i miss you?
33. Are you going to put this on your livejournal and see what I say about you?
Tuesday, October 26, 2004
6:15PM - geeese!
Sunday, October 24, 2004
ya know what.........i think my party kicked ass!!!
thankyou verymuch to all those whom attended....:)
Wednesday, October 20, 2004
to everyone whom may hear this message.......
YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO MY 22nd Birthday Party!
Held AT 33 Doyle Ave. in Providence
on Friday October 22nd......
First find Main street.....
Drive down Main street until it becomes North main street
Then take a Right onto Doyle Ave. (the street between MIKO's Exoticwear & MacDonalds)
After that it is the second house on the right.....(large & blue) #33
park on the street.....
use the back door......
ring the only brass doorbell (the third one), then climb up the steps to the third floor...
8:51PM - HAHa!
Sunday, October 10, 2004
i was more sick today than i've been in years....(maybe more...)....
i have all the symptoms of cholera....
(i must go rehydrate....)
Thursday, October 7, 2004
i'm off to vermont.....hehe.....
if any of you are lame enough to be going to the scituate art festival......I'm lame enough to be working there all day saturday next to the old white church......
Wednesday, October 6, 2004
Monday, October 4, 2004
"BE the change you wish to see in the world......"
"don't dream it, be it....."
Friday, September 24, 2004
neal & I completely pimped out the glass-blowing studio this week......
* hooked up surround sound (with 150feet of speaker wire..........& bose speakers).....
* added on a little addition to house the powder booth & one of the big cabinets....with a clear roof....
* put the air-blower & the air-compressor underground (beneath the addition).....
* re-plumbed the oxygen & propane lines (the oxygen now runs along the outside of the building)...
* hung all the ladles & extra doors & shelfing units on the walls.....(making more & more floor space!!!)
* rearranged the benches & the marver (so they will be better set up for giving lessons...)
* & threw away all the old unnecesarry crap!
it really feels almost like a different studio, i can't wait to see how the new feng shui works out next week.....when we start actually making stuff...
Wednesday, September 22, 2004
Everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't I
1. Think of a word you would use to describe me.
2. Go to Google Image Search and search for that word.
3. Select the picture you see as most fitting, and post it as a reply.
4. Post this meme in your journal.
Sunday, September 19, 2004
Navigate: (Previous 20 entries)