my heart hurts.
1. Pick your favourite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
"It's like God gave you something, man. All those stories you can make up. And He said, this is what we got for you kid, try not to lose it. But kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it, then maybe I should""
2. "I'm not gonna meet someone like Diane Court at a kegger. I mean this girl was different, man. When we'd go out, we wouldn't even have to go out. We'd just hang out. This girl made me trust myself. I was walking around, feeling satisfied, can you imagine that? But then she cuts me loose. I dont know why, she wont tell me why. Maybe its because of her father, I dont know. She wont talk to me. Wont look at me!"
""You know what? Fuck beauty contests. Life is one fucking beauty contest after another. School, then college, then work... Fuck that. And fuck the Air Force Academy. If I want to fly, I'll find a way to fly. You do what you love, and fuck the rest.""
""You're going nowhere, Sanka, and you're thrilled to death about it.""
""Well, that's good, because I have to tell Corey I love her by 1:37.""
""So I gotta sit here and eat my dessert alone like I'm fuckin' Steven Glansberg?""
7. "It doesn't feel like just a game to me."
"So what's it feel like?"
"Feels like... feels like we're going to war."
""You embarrassed the girl. Sacrifice yourself on the alter of dignity and even the score.""
"". I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count. ""
10. "And as we sat there listening to the carolers, I wanted to tell Brian it was over now and everything would be okay. But that was a lie, plus, I couldn't speak anyway. I wish there was some way for us to go back and undo the past. But there wasn't. There was nothing we could do. So I just stayed silent and trying to telepathically communicate how sorry I was about what had happened. And I thought of all the grief and sadness and fucked up suffering in the world, and it made me want to escape. I wished with all my heart that we could just leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically... disappear."
""I was crazy, you know that, Pony? I was crazy for wanting Johnny to stay out of trouble. If he was smart, like me, he wouldn't be in this mess. If he was smart like me, he wouldn't have ran into that church man. You better wise up Pony. You better wise up man. You get TOUGH like me and you don't get hurt! You watch out for yourself, and nothing can touch you man!""
12. "I'm trying to wake you up! There's a big fucking world out there. It's messy, and it's chaotic, and it's never, it's never ever the thing you'd expect. It's ok to be scared but you cannot allow your fears to turn you into an asshole, not when it comes to the people that really love you, the people that need you."
13. "I'll see you in the sequel, bitch!"
""Listen, Rob, would you have sex with me? Because I want to feel something else than this. It either that, or I go home and put my hand in the fire. Unless you want to stub cigarettes out on my arm. ""
goo go go.