I've noticed a few more smatterings of people who expect me to actually be here so I guess it's time for another note (posted to THE FUTURE).
If you want to follow my blog, fluffyblog
is a better way to do it, although I don't post there much anymore either. I also post way too much to Twitter
and draw dexdxfeed
I don't mean to purposefully ignore people here! I'm just not here enough to not ignore them.
Thu, May. 22nd, 2014, 10:48 pm
Has anyone else been having this problem with the new LJ interface where on your friends page it keeps on popping up an annoyingly obtrusive "Auth Missed" box that comes back a few seconds after you click "dismiss?"
I've tried logging out and back in again and that didn't help anything.
So, I was cleaning up in my studio and I came across a picture that Bob Schissel drew of me at Steel Pig one night many years ago, and I wondered if there was anything about him online. Unfortunately, all I can find are obituaries for people with the same name but who probably aren't him.
Anyone know whatever happened to him? I know that he was having alcohol problems and was probably living in a homeless shelter at the time, and it's not like he really had anything to do with any of us except for happening to be at the bar that we were at every Friday night, but I'm always curious about the sort of person who would show up at random and draw pictures of people while desperately trying and failing to be social with them.
Fri, Feb. 1st, 2013, 12:18 am
Because LJ is like a ghost town and nobody cares what anybody says here, lilfluff was kind enough to offer me five questions for me to answer, meme-style. (Because on LJ, "meme" is pronounced "me! me!")
- What's your favorite thing to do musically for fun?
- Screwing around with glitchy/abstract sounds on various instruments and loop pedals and whatever. It always sounds better when I'm screwing around than when I try recording it though.
- Why always lowercase, "fluffy"?
- Because it's more typographically sound. "fl" is often rendered as a beautiful, flowing ligature, and even if not, a capital F interrupts the visual flow and looks jarring with its angles next to the beautiful curvy lowercase f.
- Why plaid
- When I was a kid I always enjoyed plaid patterns and was especially fascinated with the red-and-black layering one. There was also a plaid flannel blanket that I was fond of looking at, although not touching so much (I didn't care for the texture back then). Much later, when I went to college, one of my first nights away from home I had a hypnagogic hallucination, which I tend to do when I'm under a lot of stress. In this particular hallucination I had plaid skin. That image stuck with me.
- If you could pick anyone in the world to sit down and talk with, who would it be?
- It's a toss-up between Richard Feynman and Alan Turing, although in either case I'd prefer if they were still alive.
- And, repeating a question from above, please share a personal victory.
- Managing to fake my way through arting well enough to have actual artists compliment me on my character design and drawing skills. Even if I can't take a compliment worth a damn.
Quoting from lilfluff's journal:
If you'd like, leave a comment and I'll leave five questions for you. Quoting from Aldersprig's journal:
"• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can get to know you better.
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions. (<- let's make that optional"
Tue, Jan. 31st, 2012, 06:21 pm
Herp derp meme
Shamelessly lifted from shatterstripes
MEME coped from shatterstripes
I'm running a test to see who's reading my posts. So, if you read this, leave me a one-word comment about your day that starts with the third letter of your LJ USERNAME. Only one word please. Then repost so I can leave a word for you. Don't just post a word and not copy - that's not as much fun.
and if you HAVE read Unity
, this applies to you as well.
I'm maddeningly close with being done with the book. The main thing I need are good review-y blurbs for the back cover. If anyone wants to provide blurbs for such a thing, I would greatly appreciate it.
Do you believe in any superstitions?
Believing in superstitions will bring you bad luck.
Tue, Jan. 10th, 2012, 11:15 am
Comment to this post and I'll tell you one thing I love about you, and/or one reason why I'm glad we're friends.
Then you can all copy and paste this and we can start 2012 with lots of love between us ♥
What do you want done with your body after you die?
This is something I'd thought about a lot over the years and recent events have made me think even more.
In the universe of "Unity," there are a number of traditions; a standard Kayohash burial is to have the body buried in a place with limited vegetation, and with a fast-growing tree (usually Eucalyptus) planted over it
. This is such that the body replenishes the ground and spreads life outward.
The more scientifically-minded (and more densely-populated) city dwellers simply opt for cremation
(in an induction furnace), and the remains are sent to the bio-waste recycling process.
Back in the real world, for findra
, we are spreading the cremated remains near a favorite hiking trail (in accordance with local laws
, of course).
For myself, I have no specific desires, but I like the idea of cremation and then my ashes being used to fertilize some pretty flowers. Maybe a bed of fuchsias and nasturtiums.